My response Rating

Answered!
Amanda54
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

My response Rating

I started a conversation with some guests who requested my apartment, thinking it was just a room. I even requested that they withdraw their request as they wanted to arrive early whilst there were guests in the property and leave their luggage in the apartment after check-out time. They did not reply when I came back with a suggestion, so now it will affect my response rating. Because of time difference, the request expired.  Is there anything I can do?

Should I just cancel all requests before I get penalized?

Please advise me.

1 Best Answer
Lois-and-Darryl0
Level 10
Rochester, WA

I agree with Dede.  Just two nights ago, I received a Booking Request from a Guest who wanted to bring a dog.  (We're not dog friendly.)  I immediately wrote back and asked a couple questions about the dog, etc., and then wrote again about 10 minutes later.  14 hours later, they wrote and said that they couldn't stay and I asked them to withdraw their Request.  I didn't know that they didn't withdraw (or maybe you can't withdraw a Booking Request???), and EVEN THOUGH I HAD REPLIED QUICKLY, the Booking Request expired and I had not Accepted or Declined.  I immediately received an Airbnb email saying that because I had not responded (and I had) that those dates were now blocked on my calendar, and that the position of my listing might be affected.  So, yes, you do need to Accept or Decline within 24 hours or have those dates blocked on your calendar, at the least.  Good Luck.

View Best Answer in original post

16 Replies 16

Hi Catherine Well, I'm glad you're still at least getting bookings. Our bookings stopped - understandably after Airbnb made our listing almost impossible to find.  After that we lost interest and went back to longer term letting, partly for this reason and partly because the majority of enquiries weren't serious.  We had bookers who hadn't bothered to see what sort of place it was but booked it anyway, putting us to loads of trouble trying to get them to cancel (with many of them not responding at all - really weird!).   Airbnb are 100% unresponsive -  see how they evidently don't even look at these messages we're sharing and trying to correct their wacky automation.  So we're out of it.  Good luck in the future.

Elaine163
Level 2
New Territories, Hong Kong

My listing seems to be registered twice . Since I only reply to one booking request my rating is low for my responses . Now I am  threatened with  the removal of my listing! help!!