NYC Airbnb Laws

Lee93
Level 2
New York, United States

NYC Airbnb Laws

Have you seen any info about what is happening now with new law the NYC Council just passed that will make all of the host's info available to NYC.  I read this AM that it is just waiting for the Mayor to sign and it absolutely will be happening.  The original expectation was that hosts would have to register to sign up with NYC before airbnb would allow them to stay on the platform, but this law will require airbnb to turn over all hosts info or face $1500 per listing fines.  I just wonder how quickly this will take effect.   It would be nice if airbnb could give NYC hosts a head's up about what is expected to happen.  

18 Replies 18

Do you believe the 311 story, it seems that’s what all hosts have been told, and I kind of doubt so many complaints are really coming in all of a sudden. 

Im wondering if they target specific buildings (one such building the atelier in midtown Manhattan got raided recently and 27 units received violations. 

Since airbnb host info is not yet being given

out by the company, how do you suppose they located your apartment? 

Did you have any guests book, then cancel?

Lee93
Level 2
New York, United States

You can check on nyc.gov through the department of buildings page to see if there have been any complaints about the building and how they were resolved by the DOB.  I would be curious if any of the people who posted above that they had inspectors visiting their place were able to check to see if it was a DOB complaint or not. But if this is happening now I can only imagine that NYC could step up crazy stuff once airbnb's data gets released.  I am likely going to take my listing down, or deactivate it for a while to see how this all shakes out.  Best of luck everybody!  

This posting came to me by a friend .

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.insurancejournal.com/news/east/2018/08/17/498454.htm

I’m going to shut down by Feb 15th u less Airbnb fights this ! I haven’t received anything from Airbnb. How can they give anyone info away.  

Please read below! Is this actually going to be happening ? Airbnb has no right to give me info away! 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.insurancejournal.com/news/east/2018/08/17/498454.htm