Need some advice- Hosting

Jerome14
Level 1
Hamilton, Bermuda

Need some advice- Hosting

Hello,

I am looking to put my place up for rental.  I have two extra bedrooms that would be a great for rentals.  Both bathrooms have an attached bathroom.  My issue is i'm not sure how to set it up as a 1 / 2 bedroom.  I want the space to be placed on both the 1 bedroom searchs and also the two bedroom searchs.  Is there a way to remedy this situation?

3 Replies 3
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

I suggest you have two separate listings that relate to each other such as "bedroom #1" and "bedrom #2".  In your description of one bedroom you can refer to the other bedroom as available to rent in conjunction with each other.  What is difficult will be managing the calendar especially if you have instant book.

Amaris0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

First of all you have to create two separate listings, one listing for each room; 

Then for each listing, you simply add that it has one bathroom and choose the option that it is a private bathroom (i'm assuming it is a bathroom and toilet). Repeat the process for the 2nd room since it has its own bathroom/ toilet.

BW, Ama

Andrée2
Level 10
Portland, OR

Whatever you do, be sure that it is clear that there will be other short term renters that will also have access to the house as that will be fine with some guests and not acceptable for others. There is another recent post on this site where the couple's guests left and cancelled on him the same day that they had arrived because they did not understand that another couple was renting at the same time and that it wasn't as tidy in the bathroom as they felt it should be, likely because it had the extra traffic. Will they have shared access to a fridge or their own mini fridge? Kitchen? I am assuming that yours will be for adults only and that you would want to also specify that...lots of little details to confirm when there are several guests in the same house. Finally, the guests will likely feel comforted knowing that there are locks for them to have a key on their own room so they can worry less about the neighboring room renters.