Need to update photos

Annie109
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Need to update photos

hi friends, I need to update the photographs of my place and have already used the one-time free professional photographer from Airbnb. Any tips on hiring a photographer to take similar shots of my place which has now been redecorated? 

8 Replies 8
Susi-and-Matt0
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

I have the same issue! We switched our rooms around to give our kids their own rooms and have made a few other changes since we got our airbnb pics taken 4-5 years ago. I can't find anything on their site about updating photos but it seems like it is in their interest to offer new photos (in available cities) every several years... Hoping someone will have an answer on this thread!

Hello, everyone. It's Sheila. I don't believe AirBNB offers photography services anymore; which is why you're not finding anything related to this. 

Anya-and-Marcus0
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

I have the same situation - we've updated/re-decorated both spaces and would love to have updated images taken. So far haven't found anything on the Air Bnb site about a second set of photos 😕

Scott80
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

Certainly in Los Angeles, hiring a photographer cannot be hard. I just searched Craigslist and there are 25 ads for Real Estate Photographers posted in the last week alone. Also now some smartphones have settings let you do wide angle, high-resolution photos so there is the DIY option as well.

Emily128
Level 2
Calgary, Canada

I have a similar problem. I wanted to change some of the pictures but I can't delete them, I can only add. I don't want to just keep adding. I'll have tons of same pictures otherwise. I've taken better pictures and it's what I want to use. Any idea on how to delete some existing pictures? 

Also, on an unrelated topic, any idea how this "level" thing works? I'm new to hosting and had my first house available for hosting on Oct 22, no guest/s or review yet, but it's already showing that I'm level 2? how did I get there? shouldn't I be level 1 first? Thank you.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Annie109 @Emily128 @Scott80 @Anya-and-Marcus0 Hi guys...... You can easily change or rearrange your photos at any time. Please follow this procedure!

1/. log onto your listing page.

2/. On the homepage toolbar hover over 'Host' and a drop down selection box will appear.

3/. Scroll down to and click on 'Manage Listing'.

4/. On the far left of your screen directly below the pink Airbnb symbol and along side your listing name you will see 4 dashes. Click on these dashes and a edit box will slide out from the left of the screen.

5/. Scroll down to and click on 'Photos' and your photo selection page will appear.

CAM02318.jpg

CAM02319.jpg

You can add photos, remove them, rearrange them, add captions to each photo....Just remember that the first photo in the 'Photo Album will be displayed as your Listing photo.

And remember once you have arranged your photos there is no need to click 'save' anywhere, once you leave this page your changes will be accepted and displayed

I hope this help...cheers.....Rob

Sounds good, but the photos do not save. Bothe the rearrangement and added photos are lost. 

any other thoughts?

Lydia76
Level 2
Austin, TX

Does anyone feel hey need to take new photos of the room whenever you buy a nes bedspread? That seems like an unecessary expense.Everything else is the same in the rooms. I was offered either $100 for being a superhost or the option to have a free photo session done. They do not offer a free photographer anymore.