New Feature: New host controls

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

New Feature: New host controls

We’re launching new controls for hosts to help make sure the right guests see your listing. For common preferences like Is the home pet-friendly? or Is smoking allowed? you’ll have the option to set Yes or No.

We’re making these settings and your house rules more prominent when a guest requests a reservation or instantly books your space so they can review your rules and restrictions. Guests will explicitly agree to your rules before they can book. We’ll ask them to confirm the total number of guests who are coming. Other settings include whether your listing is available for kids, infants, parties, and established check-in times.

We talked to hosts around the world to learn what types of controls they’d find most helpful. Will these new controls help you?

Host Controls.jpg

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

15 Replies 15
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Lizzie Yes, this will clear up many host's house rules, especially since some really make a mess out it and/ or are unable due to language difficulties to make them clear.  I would personally like to see a Maximum Number of Guest box which cannot be exceeded.  For my entire home listing I don't want people thinking they can have more than my maximum thinking they can just sleep on the couch. 

@Lizzie,

Would love to have these controls available on my listing but... most of them are not. Could it be possible to anounce these changes only when they are done. At the same time many changes done haven't been anounced officially. All this create confusion and lots of answer on CC for hosts we can't help.
Susie0
Level 10
Oakland, CA

Hi - Are these features also part of Instant Booking? If so, it will make it more feasible me to use Instant. Thanks!

Susie

i'd like to see the smoking/non smoking option expanded. our guests can smoke but only outside and then only in the smoking area. 

Nick30
Level 2
Liverpool, United Kingdom

The added controls are very useful however I often find that guests invite friends and family around regardless of mentioning in my listing that the accommodation is for the use of residential guests only.

The 'Events of parties allowed' control doesn't really indicate whether non-residential guests are allowed to visit a listing.

Susie0
Level 10
Oakland, CA

Hi - I got an email about this today but I don't see the above interface; I see the old one. Has this been rolled out yet? Thanks

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

Thank you so much for taking the time to offer your feedback, this is going directly back to the team. Understandably you have additional questions on this and I will pass any information I get, over to you. 

I also thought you might be interested to know about the webinars happening on April 27th regarding these recent updates, more information can be found in the 'Announcements' board here in ther CC. I hope you will be able to join. Do let me know if you have any questions on this. 🙂

(If you read this post after the date, these webinars will have been recorded, so do visit the links to listen)

Please do continue to share your thoughts here.   

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hi @Lizzie,

As you are talking about feed-back, the last one: IT'S JUST UNACCEPTABLE AIRBNB CHANGED RULES ABOUT BOOKINGS AND PRE-APPROVALS WITHOUT INFORMING HOSTS. I can't read each day all articles from Help Center to get informed about changes and answer a simple question on CC!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

Just to update you, this feature has now been rolled out to all hosts, therefore you should see this option on you account. Do let me know know if this is not the case. 🙂

Also, now that you have this feature it would be great to have your thoughts - it goes directly back to the team. 

Have a great weekend. 

Lizzie

--------------------

The new feature that shows "What guests like about this listing" does not show on my listing ! 

So hard to figure out how to fix it. 

How do we change these settings (ie Pet Friendly) once they've been set?  They don't show up in the Amenities list you can edit...

So my listing currently says Pet-Friendly, when I don't in fact, allow pets, which has caused lots of confusion with guests.

Please advise?  Thanks!

@Sierra5 What kind of device are you using to manage your listing?  I would recommend using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to go to Airbnb's site directly to make changes.  If you are using an app, you could try refreshing the cache and / or uninstalling and reinstalling it. Hope that works for you. 

Hi,

I cannot get the nightly price to change to $150. It says $2000 and shows on my home page that way.

deb

A2
Level 2
Washington, DC

@Lizzie0They should probably run this like a dating sight were if I say I don't accept smokers, the guests should identify themselves as smokers so that my listing doesn't even come up.  Of course, that probably wouldn't have worked since the guest who booked is with family members who smoke.  Not sure how to address this unless we started doing separate reviews for each guest when multiple people travel.