New Review Flow for Guests

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

New Review Flow for Guests

New Review Flow

Hello everyone,

I know many of you have already noticed that Airbnb launched a new review flow, simplifying the process for guests to send more detailed feedback to hosts. There are already a few threads talking about this here in the CC and so I am really pleased to provide an overview of this product change for you.

We believe that detailed guest feedback is invaluable—whether it’s a rave review that encourages you to keep providing standout hospitality or a gentle reminder on how you can improve next time.

If a guest gives you less than five stars in any one category (cleanliness, accuracy and amenities, check-in, or communication), they can now choose from different focus areas in each category to help you know exactly why, and what to improve for the next time around.

To see what this process looks like, take a look at this Airbnb Blog article.

I hope this information will give you more insights around the new review flow. What do you think? Have any of your used the new review flow yet? Also, feel free to share any questions you might have on this.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

183 Replies 183

Hi Lizzie - Thanks for your question From a psychometric design perspective, the anchors should be visible and prominent at the time raters are choosing their responses, ie right under or beside the "button" "star" -or whatever - they press to registrer their rating. 

@Isabel203 interesting read I am also a lover of sociology and wow lots of fee flowing information on these boards. 

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

If you are going to do bed and breakfast that is a whole different thing, and a different price point. i leave out muffins whatever, and fruit out usually but do not state that in my listing as I may run out and it is a freebie and do not want a long drive.

i have back up toothpast etc very rareley asked for.

David
Kieran-and-Yvonne0
Level 2
Auckland, New Zealand

We are relatively new to Air BNB.  As hosts and now Superhosts, we have no right of reply or anywhere where we can give honest feedback about rude guests other than saying in our review about them that we wouldnt recommend them.   Giving guest feedback needs to be part of the AirBNB review improvements.  I now wish I had been more open about the fact that we felt quite strongly that they shouldn't have booked with us.  And the thing that gets us the most is that with instant booking, we cannot stop them coming back!!     There needs to be a mechanism where we can block them from booking with us again.   The background:  We have had guests this past weekend, who have driven us mad.  They should have chosen to stay in a self-contained apartment or even a backpackers (given the price they paid).  Instead, they stayed in our lovely home and treated it as though we were pesky people stopping getting in their way!   They treated us with very little consideration  - eg saying that they wanted breakfast early on Saturday morning and then not turning up until mid-morning, leaving us waiting and wondering.  They bombarded us with streams of questions about anything and everything and were picky about everything before and after they arrived.  They moved stuff around and didn't put it back - sending us a message afterwards telling us where what they had done.     Nothing was ever good enough for the woman, and she had no sense of our space or respect for our time.  When you look at the reviews other guests have left us, they've always been so delighted by our hospitality.  Yet, these jerks complained about poor communication on our part (when we were in fact unbelievably patient and gracious in responding to every single petty question and request) etc. Whilst they left the place clean, I would not wish to host them again and we wouldn't recommend them.  Yet, there was nowhere where we could give that verbal feedback.  That needs to be part of the deal.