New host

New host

My guest is asking me to give him my full address what should i do ? and also the guest is taking so long to reply.. 

5 Replies 5
Kevina0
Level 5
London, United Kingdom

He will get your full address when and if he books. Never give your address to potential guests, it only invites trouble! Not advisable at all!

Thanks for the good information 

Amaris0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Well that depends, if his booking has been confirmed and your listing does not provide your full address then yes, you need to give the guest your address at this stage. However if this is a potential guest who has not yet booked then no, do not give your address. Inform the guest that Airbnb do not allow exchange of personal details including full address prior to a confirmed booking. Your listing shows a one mile radius surrounding your exact location which is more than sufficient to give the guest an idea of the area. Airbnb will block personal details exchanged prior to booking; this is a safety precaution for both guest and host.

You can't do anything about how long the guest takes to reply, they may be a number of reasons for this including time difference, busy with other commitments or if it is an enquiry the guest may have decided not to pursue your booking and unfortunately most guest won’t bother with informing you if they no longer wish to stay in your property. Be patient until they respond/ if they do and if it takes far too long and particularly bothers you then factor it into your decision to accept or decline.

Best wishes,

Ama

Thanks Amaris for the great informations. Am new host and i needed all this information 

Amaris0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

You are most welcome, pleasure to be of help...

Ama