New to AirBnB. Haven't published yet. Haven't been able to add co-host or cleaning fees.

Answered!

New to AirBnB. Haven't published yet. Haven't been able to add co-host or cleaning fees.

Seems like the menus keep changing so the information from old postings and help files doesn't seem to work anymore. Maybe I have to Publish before I can add cleaning fee or co-host. I'm also a little leary of automatic pricing and am thinking of just doing manual pricing until I have more experience. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Frank

1 Best Answer
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Frank592 publish your listing and immediately snooze it by going to the listing details, scroll down to "Listing status" and click "edit" to snooze it. Put any snoozing dates as the can be cancelled anytime.

You now have access to everything without the worry of someone booking while you learn how it all works.

Manual pricing is what most of us do, smart pricing can be pretty stupid at times, although it does work for some.

Switch off instant booking until you know the system better.

Check your address and location as its hard to get it altered after you have bookings.

Stay on the forum and ask questions or use the search box (top right on this page)

Have fun hosting

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Frank592 publish your listing and immediately snooze it by going to the listing details, scroll down to "Listing status" and click "edit" to snooze it. Put any snoozing dates as the can be cancelled anytime.

You now have access to everything without the worry of someone booking while you learn how it all works.

Manual pricing is what most of us do, smart pricing can be pretty stupid at times, although it does work for some.

Switch off instant booking until you know the system better.

Check your address and location as its hard to get it altered after you have bookings.

Stay on the forum and ask questions or use the search box (top right on this page)

Have fun hosting

Jeff,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. Putting my listing on snooze was the key to allowing me to go forward without worrying about someone booking before I was ready. AirBNB should put people who publish for the first time on snooze by default  to help people like me (who are afraid to publish) and others who publish but don't have a chance to add things like cleaning fees before somebldy makes a reservation.

Thanks again,

Frank