Newest Inquiries ALL for 1 guest, what gives?

Maria-Lurdes0
Level 10
Union City, NJ

Newest Inquiries ALL for 1 guest, what gives?

For the last few days I've had almost every single inquiry be for one guest.  Obviously people are just entering in the dates and not even looking at the guest count option.   I wonder why so many of these inquiries all in the last week?   It's so odd, it was never like this before - of course I'd get the random person indicating one guest when they meant to put 2, or 3 but lately it's almost every single inquiry.

The problem with inquiries with wrong guest count right off the bat is that I can't pre-approve the booking, as the correct rates won't calculate - so now I have a dozen inquiries in my dashboard that Airbnb wants me to Pre-Approve or Decline.  I know that I don't have to choose either, but normally I would opt for the Pre-Approve option and this is throwing a wrench in my plans!

Is anyone else experiencing this issue or am I just lucky?

BTW , this is separate from the issue of guests booking for three people and five show up....

2 Replies 2
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

Had the same issue yesterday.  I asked them to cancel their reservation and start again with the correct number of persons.  It worked ! 🙂

Helga0
Level 10
Quimper, France

Edith from Paris had it happen a few days ago, but I don't know when the booking was made. 

Unfortunately, I can't hail her to the thread, there are to many Ediths already in the forum.