Nightly Rates

Joellen0
Level 2
Nosara, Costa Rica

Nightly Rates

My calendar shows a nightly rate of $120 USD ($165CAD)  for the month of March. I have a guest booking for six nights that is saying when he ewnters seven nights, the rate increases from $165 CAD to $197CAD/night. For this reason he is only booking six nights instead of seven. When I look at the calendar, the rate remains ther same for all 31 nights. I do not have any discounts or surcharges set up that would alter this rate. Any idea why the rate might be increasing based on the number of nights?

5 Replies 5
Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Joellen0 No idea at all, and I've confirmed the weird pricing by checking out dates on your listing. The daily rates all show a single coinsistent rate, but when I select an extended booking (a week or more), the nightly average jumps by 15-20%. There's clearly something whacky going on, so I suggest that you contact AirBnB.

Hi Dede,

Thanks for your input, I'm new to airbnb, how do I contact tjem

directly with this issue?

@Dede0 How do I contact AirBnB? I am only seeing the " community forum" as a medium for help. I can't see a "contact us" anyhwere.

@Joellen0 There are many ways to contact AirBnB, including email, phone, and Twitter. Best ways to find the latest numbers, etc, are to search here in the CC forums or within AirBnB's Help system while logged in on a computer. Note that the CC forums are NOT part of AirBnB's internal Help system.

@Joellen0 My previous message was from my phone when I was away from my computer. Here's probably the best way for you to contact AirBnB with your particular problem:

This is a modified copy/paste originally written by another host here. Precise details might not match your situation, but I think you can make it work.

Go to Help Center.

Click on "Resolve Issue" at the bottom of the left side bar.

At the bottom of the page, click on the bar saying "My question is about something else".

The "What is your question about" category will pop up. Choose "Hosting".

Then "What can we help you with" category" will pop up, at the dropdown menu, choose "Manage Listing".

At the next dropdown menu, choose "Edit price settings".

Then, at the bottom of the page, click on the "I still need help" button.

A message box will pop up. Explain your actual issue, in detail. Then click on the button labeled "Send via email".