No Notice of Inquiry

No Notice of Inquiry

Noticing that my response rate was no longer 100%, I discovered an inquiry that had been made 4 days ago, but I never received the usual e-mail an text notice? Any thoughts on how this happened or what can be done to ensure it does not happen again?  My account settings were not changed.

6 Replies 6
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Michelle-And-Allan0,

This seems like it is a rampant problem happening lately with many hosts and there have been several posts on this topic.  So far there seems to be no solution and you will need to monitor you account throughout the day to ensure you don't miss any reservation requests or inquiries.  

There has been a rumour that Airbnb is taking away the ability to receive notifications but nothing has been confirmed by Airbnb.

Sorry that this really does not help you.

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Nancy2
Level 6
Sacramento, CA

I just had this happen on Wednesday.  Normally I check my messages and listing once a day anyway but this time I was traveling and was depending on the usual notifications (Airbnb app, email and text).  None of them came through.  So my response time was dinged.  Frustrating...

The guest was not a good fit so at least I didn't miss out on a booking 🙂

Shirley1
Level 5
Somerset, WI

I missed an inquiry and an email message as well.  Was on the website several times both the day of the inquiry and the next and didn't see a notification flag in the webpage heading.

By sheer luck I noticed the inquiry with a time stamp noted 'yesterday', no time). Was a surprise, especially since the booking was for this weekend and a late reply was not a good first impression.. 

Turns out potential guest had to change plans and reschedule their trip.

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

This has been happening since we started hosting in July last year - annoying - no text, no email...nothing. One guest, who persevered, told me she tried twice - and showed me the record of the messages she sent to me - I never received them. 

Caroline85
Level 3
Hoboken, NJ

There are issues with notifications not coming through. Airbnb said I was the only one with the issue. Airbnb said they would not advise if they have fixed the problem. Given Airbnb make money by Hosts accepting bookings, it is a large issue. Text message are critical and should not be taken away.

Also, Airbnb has changed the page so people who are inquiring, click book. This is great if they are experienced guests and do want a reservation, but if they are making an inquiry it is a great problem, as the Host only has 24 hours to accept or decline the reservation. I have spent hours walking guests through this and they then end up not completing the reservation. Today I had a student not show for an inspection for his parents - said he wanted 2 periods, I took the day off work to show him and he says he has changed his mind at the inspection time. If I had accepted his booking as Airbnb forces me to do - then he tries to cancel - there is a whole issue.

Others who book, don't provide information of the makeup of their party and again as a Host we have to accept or decline (and then are penalized) without information is very tough.

You have 24 hours to accept the booking even if the guest does not reply with the needed details. If you decline for lack of information you are penalized as a Host.

Seems the shift is way away from Hosts and entirely in the guest favor...

Kathleen-M-0
Level 3
Rochester, NY

I have been having this problem since March 2016 - not receiving emails from Airbnb to either book or inquire -  and I have lost bookings and had my response rate score lowered because of Airbnb's incompetence.  I have emailed them exactly 23 - yes 23 ! times - during the last 9 months to fix the problem.  They have done nothing about it, other than to email me CONSTANTLY to lobby on their behalf against the New York state hotel industry... They can manage to find my email address then !