No one has looked at my house since getting a 4 star review. How can this be?

Tracy-and-Steve0
Level 3
West Palm Beach, FL

No one has looked at my house since getting a 4 star review. How can this be?

I am new to this.  The first week I was booking people constantly and getting so many requests I was turning people down.  Then my first review happens, which wasn't bad but he did give me 4 stars instead of 5, and now NO ONE has viewed my place, much less requested to stay. What gives?

8 Replies 8
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

Hey @Tracy-and-Steve0 your star reviews are not made public until your third review so that's not the problem.  Could be that people just aren't travelling to your area, or your competition is out-competing you.  Take a look at similar listings to yours and see if you can tweek your listing to make it more appealing than their's .  

Thank you Clare!  Well, I'm nearly the cheapest and for the first few weeks I got from 2-12 views per day and now nothing for 5 days.  Not one single view.  Interesting fact about the star ratings though, thank you for that!

Well, @Tracy-and-Steve0, don't be too concerned about the listing views.  I haven't had any for several days now and I know people from this community look.  While the listing views have been updated pretty regularly recently, I think it's just delayed.  According to the stats, I haven't had a listing view since April 3rd.   Hang in there!

@Clare0   Good to know, thank you so much!  I'm hoping it's just an airbnb glitch.  I was on a roll there for a while, ah  "the good 'ol days" lol 

@Tracy-and-Steve0 Patience is a virtue at Airbnb!

Sid-and-Lynne0
Level 2
Vallecitos, NM

All areas have dry spells at times.  You should also check your listing to make sure it's coming up.  To do this, go to AirBnB on another computer (e.g. a public computer) and search for yourself.  If you don't find yourself, look at the listing and see what's going on.

Brittany1
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Tracy-and-Steve0

Also make sure that you are updating your calendar daily as this does affect the way our listing is showing in the search engines. We change our prices minimally on a daily basis. And it really does help. Also the more people who are looking at your listing the higher it will appear in the search rankings. You will notice you have a dry spell then all of a sudden a flood of views and inquiries.

@Brittany wow very helpful. Thank you!!