No show bad review?

Answered!
Alex23
Level 2
Cantanhede, Portugal

No show bad review?

Hello all

I would like to know if you had any experience of a no show host that after left you a bad rating.

They confused the dates and the ones they proposed were already taken. I also explained that it wasn't possible to get their money back, since we have a strict policy and they only noticed on the same day they were supposed to arrived, when we contacted them.

I don't think it's fair that they could give a rating, since they never been to our place...

Thank you all in advance and Merry Christmas!

1 Best Answer

Hey @Alex23,

Airbnb told me they would reach out to you and get this fixed.  Did they?  Please update!

Cheers

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

View Best Answer in original post

18 Replies 18
Timothy132
Level 10
Novato, CA

I am in the middle of this issue right now. Have a 1-Star review from a no-show based only on the fact that they cancelled and didn’t get a full refund (cancelling after the first day of arrival). Airbnb support is telling me no way would they remove the review because they cancelled after arrival. They never arrived physically but I’m not getting anywhere with Airbnb support. 

I am going through this right now, has this been reselved for you?

Emiel9
Level 3
Utrecht, Netherlands

I has a guest that didn't respond to messages after instant booking. I tried all (phone email Airbnb) to contact guest and get check-in time. Airbnb tried to call guest but didn't get him also. The guest shows up at listing and sends us a message then. We were working so we told him to wait for 15 minutes. We rushed home. Guest was not there. We waited 45 minutes, no reply on message no guest. So we call Airbnb and we eventually go back working.

The stay was not cancelled by Airbnb because guest didn't want to use the guestfree cancellation. But the guest didn't stay and now writes bad review. I'm super host for over 2 years but because this low rating and one other guest that was allergic and didn't read there was a cat now I will loose my super host status next month! Feel very bad about this and Airbnb support tells me they cannot help me. Anyone advice?

This seems to still be an issue several years later as I can't find any way to mark a guest as "no show" -- am I missing it somewhere? So a guest gets to leave a negative review just because you're following the cancellation policy to which that guest agreed. (I think Airbnb's ideal solution is you refund to the guest voluntarily while Airbnb keeps the fees....) In general, my impression is Airbnb is all about guests and cares very little about hosts.