No show

Sharlene0
Level 2
Jurien Bay, AU

No show

I had a guest contact me on the arrival day via airbnb and say car broke down wont be arriving will cancel soon . Never cancelled and did not show. What happens now?
9 Replies 9
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Depends on your cancellation policy. You will get paid accordingly, regardless of if guest stayed or not.

Bridget0
Level 10
Redmond, WA

You get paid. You prepped the room, you didn't book anyone else. The problem was on her end.

however, don't spend the money yet! She may call Airbnb and plead "extenuating circumstances". If they agree they will refund her ( just YOUR money, not their percent) and it will come out of your next booking payment.

If she writes you and you feel soft, you can refund her partial money in the resolution department but you are training her that host cancellation rules don't mean anything. 

You could also keep the money and make her a special offer if she returns in future.

but you are not obliged to do anything, you have earned your money!

Yes, and to further what @Bridget0 said about offering a future discount, be sure to put a deadline on that or they may contact you in 3 years and want their booking deal. You will still have the review piece to deal with so do continue to resolve any issues that arise with that guest amicably.

Right on, except that they can't leave a review if they didn't actually stay there. If she does leave one, the host can ask for it to be removed.

Miranda4
Level 4
Elvas, Portugal

You should not have to worry about a review: no one who did not actually stay can leave a review. If they did review, and you have the evidence that they didn't show and planned to cancel but didn't (especially if this is recorded in the AirBnB message thread), AirBnB will take the review down. I wouldn't let fear of a revenge review change things--that's like blackmail, and it won't work.

Christine1
Level 10
Glenbrook, Australia

@Sharlene0, Assuming this was a genuine situation, how nice that in the middle of a car break down and all that means, this guest took the time to message you and let you know that they had been held up and probably wouldn't make it to the property on time. 

If the car did break down, this sounds like a very considerate guest.

Christine.

Allison30
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hi there. My guest cancelled by text 35 minutes after arranging to arrive. She told me to cancel the booking on AirBnB. I do not want to cancel, as this would be negative for me. Yes I want to release the dates on my calendar. How can I do that? 

Hi @Allison30, if your accommodation is still available to the guest then, do not cancel. If the booking remains, then you will recieve payment and don't need the dates to be rebooked. If the booking is cancelled by the guest you will still receive some payment and have less need of a rebook.

I hope this information is helpful to you.

christine

Merrill0
Level 3
Oakland, CA

This guest seems to have disappeared into thin air! She didn't respond to my email about her arrival time and her phone number 'does not receive in-coming calls.' Seems fishy and she does have my address... I guess I'm worried about her in two ways: is she okay? and am I at risk with her?