No way to list more than one bedroom in one listing in a shared house

Rebecca4
Level 10
San Jose, CA

No way to list more than one bedroom in one listing in a shared house

More and more of us are renting multiple rooms in the homes we live in. We therefore can't choose "Whole home" as an option in the listing setup. When we go to list more than one bedroom available at the home, so a group could rent multiple rooms together, we are only given "1 bedroom" as an option. However, guests can search by 2, 3 or more bedrooms. But our listing won't come up since we can't choose 2 or 3 bedrooms in the listing setup, which is perfect for a family or group traveling togeher who like or don't mind the host being home.

It seem that Airbnb is missing a lot of revenue this way. I've talked to the product team about this at the 2 Opens and it still doesn't allow us to select more than 1 bedroom in a shared listing. I'd love to see this fixed, as I'm sure would a lot of hosts.

4 Replies 4
Jiw0
Level 10
Chiang Mai, Thailand

Yeah;  the way people do it now if you rent out for example 3 rooms (that aren't all the same) is to create multiple listings: 

Listing 1:  3 rooms, room A, B and C - accommodates 6 people

Listing 2:  2 rooms, A and B - accommodates 4 people

Listing 3:  2 rooms, A and C- accommodates 4 people

Listing 4: 2 rooms, B and C - accommodates 4 people

Listing 5:  1 room, Room A - accommodates 2 people

Lising 6: 1 room, Room B - accommodates 2 people

Listing 7: 1 room, Room C - accommodates 2 people

This is a lot of work because if someone for example rents 1 room (Room B) then you have to disable the dates for listings 1 and 4.  (But you can keep 3, 5 and 7. )

However I'm not sure that there is a type for this.. it's not 'entire home' but also not 'private room' because you have more than one room of course.

To be honest though I see a lot of listings where hosts have clearly chosen the wrong type.

I agree. I need three listings. For bedroom A, for bedroom B and for bedroom A+B. Imagine I am forced to do IB and the rooms are booked before I have had the chance to block the other calendar. Someone will be disappointed.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Maurice48
Level 1
Maastricht, Netherlands

for me the same. I have 5 rooms available so great for groups but they cant find me when I list one. and if I list all my rooms the rate is only based on one room so confusing.

Air BNB must make it more simple if you have more than 1 room available in one house!

please help!!