Noisy sex - review or not to review

Nancy79
Level 3
Cumberland, ME

Noisy sex - review or not to review

I rent out a room in my own home and have had a couple staying here for the past three nights. Thankfully, they leave today. For the past two days, beginning at noontime, they have engaged in house-rocking sex. Unfortunately, their room is directly above my home office, where I work. My question is whether or not to leave them a review, and if I do, whether I should mention, or allude to the noisy sex. They are somewhat friendly, although we've only spoken a few times in passing. I don't have any stated "noise" rules for my listing, because in the 5 years I've been a host, everyone has been quite considerate. I admit that I feel a little violated, and it irks me that the couple has absolutely no concern for how their wild sex might affect anyone else. I don't have kids at home anymore, or I certainly would have spoken up. Any thoughts on whether to review or not? I'm considering the "might be better suited to a hotel room" line. Thanks. 

*[Title updated - Sept 25th 2018]

54 Replies 54
John1080
Level 10
Westcliffe, CO

@Nancy79 @Ana1136 @Steve143, I was wondering the same thing, as there seems to be a disconnect between the title and the description. 

See my comment below. 

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Are you a tabloid journalist? I only ask because that's a pretty attention-grabbing headline, seemingly without substance. 

See my comment below.

She could write for Business Insider!

Nancy79
Level 3
Cumberland, ME

Hi All,

Actually, that was NOT the title of my post. I thought I was starting a new thread and inadvertently posted it under THAT title you see above. Sorry about that. 

So you have another story,  where the guests asked for sex?  Oh my.

I have tons of stories, but it was another host who wrote about being propositioned!!! Her title showed up over MY story. I didn’t know how to post to this forum and clearly created quite a stir!

Haha.  OK got it.   Indeed,   quite a stir!

Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

My review would just include

I was wondering if my accomodation had become a pop up brothel?

one sentence that would have done it!

Jesting aside, @Nancy79 doesn’t want to give other guests any new ideas or encouragement! Lol...

Pete69
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

Here's what I would write "Let's just say that this couple should instead be staying at a hotel (with mirrored ceilings).  Otherwise I would recommend that other hosts get earplugs."

Sam397
Level 10
Reno, NV

I myself wouldnt say "better suited for a motel" or anything else about it.  Whether they were just being loud or sending her an invitation its not a big deal, so why make it one. 

The point wasn't the sex - it was the noise level they created.   

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Maybe: ''a little noisier than we are used to, but otherwise left their room in good order.''

Discreet.