Non-paying guest was a no show

Trish55
Level 1
West Kelowna, Canada

Non-paying guest was a no show

Hello and thank you in advance for your responses.  Yesterday I had a late (530pm) inquiry for a couple who was coming from out of town and wanted to book in for late, late last night.  They said would be arriving around 1am.  I agreed to this late request and approved their request.  I did not receive payment.  I contacted the guest several times through airbnb during the evening requesting payment or I would not be meeting them at the condo at 1am.  No response last night and no response today.  From what I know they never showed up.

So my question is, how do I now 'unblock' my calendar as it's now booked for the 3 days they requested, and no-one else can book it.  I know the guest has 24 hours to pay before the request is cancelled by airbnb, but really; I just want to cancel it now because they obviously changed their mind and didn't show.

3 Replies 3
Julie_Mike0
Level 7
Chicago, IL

Airbnb holds onto the money and releases it to hosts about 24 hours after the guest checks in. This doesn't mean the guests actually showed up, but it's based on the date of check in and either at 3pm local time or whatever your check in time is on your profile. If the guest does not cancel and does not show up, you'll still be paid. You will not be able to unblock those dates because they're technically still booked by this guest. Whatever you do, don't cancel on your end as you will be penalized. Just give it a few more hours and see if Airbnb releases the money to you. 

I see you have another post of the same question. I don't understand how a guest could book a place without having a payment method. Good luck!

Thanks, this is what confused me as well.  Even now Airbnb still says 'awaiting payment'.  Well, she was supposed to book in last night, LOL!  Crazy and frustrating...  😞