Not receiving text or email notifications

Anna18
Level 1
Nottingham, GB

Not receiving text or email notifications

I have been a host for a few years and recently stopped receiving email notifications from Airbnb.  I contacted Airbnb who checked my settings, said they had refreshed everything but nothing changed.  I now don't receive any text notifications and have just lost 2 bookings in the last few days as a result.  My response rate has also taken a hit.  Emails, calls and on-line chats with Airbnb has come to nothing.  Anyone any help please?

63 Replies 63

I am new to airbnb and am also on another venue.  I recieved a booking from the other venue and then went to airbnb to block those days, I see where I have a pending guest for the same days.  I have no idea when that occurred.  I was not notified by e/mail or text.  I have checked my settings and everything is correct.  When I go to airbnb it still shows that I have no messages or inquiries but the calander shows a pending reservation.  How can I block those days since I already have someone booked?

Ditto for the last week. Luckily they are going through to my mobile

Country-Getaways0
Level 1
South Australia, Australia

Have the same problem here with no emails.  Have checked settings and they are all ticked for receiving communications

My-Hanh0
Level 1
Nha Trang, Vietnam

Hi, We are Thanh Hai and My Hanh, we have Nha Trang Harbor Apartments & Hotel, there is 8 studio, 5 bed room. It is a  great property with ocean views, hot tub. BBQ, infinity pool.....

It is filled by 21%. We seek the help and guidance of the community: how to increase the efficiency of the booking?
We sincerely thank you.
Thanh Hai & My Hanh

Eric199
Level 2
Chapel Hill, NC

This has just started happening to me (not receiving email notifications for reservations or payout information).   This has happened twice before  in the past, and is very annoying.  How can airbnb expect you to respond to reservation requests when you are not notified?  Their answer seems to be to check my spam folder (I do), to check with email provider as to why I am not getting emails (it is not my email providers fault), and to regularly check my inbox on airbnb.com, but I don't have time to check my inbox several times a day.  I should be notified when I get a reservation, I shouldn't have to look for them.   This is a bug that repeatedly happens to me, and when I called in the representative said she heard that this was happening to someone else.  I wish airbnb would stop changing everything every couple of months and try to stick with a stable platform that works 100% of the time.

You're not alone!  Same problem here.  Hours wasted with airbnb customer service are just that; wasted hours. Numerous other issues with "glitches" lead me to believe the airbnb website has been hacked or needs to be updated.

HELLO We have the same problem... Any solutions....anything...:-)

Buay0
Level 1
กทม, Thailand

I using google apps to set up my email. I having problem with notifications from Airbnb. No Notifications via Email.

Cecile138
Level 1
Florida, United States

Found this forum while desperately looking for answers. I thought it was just me...

Stopped receiveing notifications since 01/08. Contacted Airbnb and they told me that "everything was good on their end". I am writting this post because they need to see that, if this is happening to more than one person, THEY are the ones who need to fix this!

If anyone found out how to fix this glitch on their own, please share.

Thank you so much!

Cecile

Steve66
Level 7
Atlantic City, NJ

Please please this needs to be fixed. I stoped reciving Airbnb email notifications (still recive text) about a month ago and after many calls to Airbnb Tech Suppport they say they are aware of the issue and that they are wokring on it with no ECD. No updates, nothing from Airbnb on this. This is without a dought impacing my responce time. Please we need a fix for this!! 

Jeffrey365
Level 1
Copper Mountain, CO

Same problem and very frustrating since Airbnb grades on response time.

Vishnia0
Level 2
London, GB

Hi, same problem! Tried all the current suggestions. This needs to be fixed, Airbnb!

Jean4999
Level 4
Perrott's Brook, United Kingdom

Having the same problem. It just started for me this saturday (19th sep 2020), previously its been working OK and Ive changed nothing. I didn't get an email notification for a booking I received on saturday (fortunately I got an app notification), I have also not received a payout notification also for saturday.

For some reason text notifications are also not working. I have not received a single ABB text notification since I started in January - is this just a UK thing?

Malarie0
Level 2
Texas, United States

Hello, I was having the same issue for a while now and I managed to fix it by going to the Account - > Notifications. There you can toggle the desired checkboxes off and on and it should start working. This helped in my case, hope it helps some others. 

Same issue. Both with notifications and Airbnb’s response or lack there of. I’m over it