Not sure how to write this review... Any tips?

Huaai0
Level 10
British Columbia, Canada

Not sure how to write this review... Any tips?

21014096_10154953971683123_8411112053517477294_o.jpgThis guest finally checked out without letting me know where she left the keys until I asked her. When I entered the room to check it out, I found 1) lots of hair everywhere 2) dark stains on the pillow cases 3) furniture rearranged without being placed back. 

Besides, she also left the stove on for hours unattended after cooking till I got home around 9:45pm and found it. She also left her window open during the weekend when she was absent for three days. Fortunately the rain was not so heavy, and the furniture, tower fan and bedding by the window were not damaged. 

Did she cause any serious damage? No. Did she follow the house rules? Most of the time. Was she receptive to my reminder and warnings? Yes, but everytime she had a lot to say. Was she a great guest? No. Of the 30-40 guests I have hosted, she was the worst. Was she a nice person? I would say so, but you don't want a nice person to use your stove without turining it off after cooking. 

I wonder if I should just say "xxx stayed for xxx nights," or "better suited for the entire listing." She is a young university student and seems to love traveling, so she will be a frequent Airbnb user. An unfavourable review will probably bring a dead end to her Airbnb profile, but a vague review will not let other hosts to know what to expect from this potential guest. 

Really don't know how to write this review...

2017-08-25 23.14.32.jpg

33 Replies 33
Huaai0
Level 10
British Columbia, Canada

@Bruce43

You meant you married a First Nations woman in school? Indigegous/Aboriginal people are called First Nations/First People in Canada now. 

@Huaai0 no she was from New Mexico.

jamez pueblo

what are the chances eh?

Marco65
Level 6
Rome, Italy

I agree with Branka & Silvia, "she was not carefull about the property" and you may also add some relevant details.

Tony134
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

@Huaai0 did this guest pull you in one of those cars with the bumpers all messed up?