Notification when an inquiring guest books with another host

Marie-Claire3
Level 5
Waltham, MA

Notification when an inquiring guest books with another host

Wouldn't it be nice to know when that happens, just a quick, automatic notification that someone you spent 30 minutes responding to their many questions has booked with someone else?
7 Replies 7

Hi @Marie-Claire0

They actually already have this type of notification that gets sent out! 

Once your client books with someone else, they are given the option to send a mass-message to all their pending inquiries that it "will no longer be needed" & automatically cancels their inquiry.

Not sure if this is just a option or an automatic type of thing, if the client opts to not send it.

I only know because of when I made multiple inquiries and booked with one, I was given the option to, and it sent them out!

..was definitely convenient!

Hope this helps!

Antonella 

David-and-Fiona0
Level 10
Panglao, Philippines

Great idea!

Alina9
Level 9
Bucharest, RO

It shouldn't be optional, we should be notified so we know to not expect them to book and turn down other potential guests (this has happened to me)

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

I would really prefer not to, if they don't book, they don't book. I would rather not have more messages than I need to, unless it was optional (tick here if you don't want to know).

Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

I was curious about that also, the few times it happened to us: in a round about kind of way I did find out who these potential guests were staying with by waiting a bit, then going back into our messages with them, clicking on their name to go to their profile and seeing the newest reviews on them there, matching the ones with the dates inquired about. Mainly I was just curious to see what they chose over our place. No harm done, everybody just follows their own bliss.

I just find it a little weird when they ask me if our rental is available, when it is clearly marked as available on the calendar, so I'm not sure why they are asking....

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Karen25
Level 3
Melbourne, Australia

I thought the notification when a potential guest book else where was an automatic notification. At least it used to be...

It is so annoying when you waste time doing follow up and re-approving  booking requests, or to be just left hanging when you have spent a lot of time conversing with someone who appears keen to book, when they have already booked elsewhere and haven't bothered to respond to you - or you haven't got that notification.

I wonder if it is something that can be re-instigated by airbnb as it was so helpful???