Offering full refunds

Emily3
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Offering full refunds

Dearest other hosts

I have had a last minute reservation cancel prior to check-in and now I would like to offer them a full refund from my side (I insist guests cancel from their side when they want to cancel.) I usually give full refunds but every time I do a full refund I am so confused on what amount to put in as the full refund? Does Airbnb take my service fee and the guest's service fee if the guest cancels?

For example I can now offer refund and it states there that my payout for the reservation is R1022. Okay. I click on Offer Refund.

Then it tells me I can send up to R1047-the amount I received for the reservation.

Where does the difference or R25 go to?

This has been bothering me for so long and I hope you guys can help me!

15 Replies 15
Louisa48
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hi

I don't know if you guys can help me, but I had two guests booked. When they described the nature of their stay and I told them a little more about the apartment we decided it probably wasn't the best option for them. I have a strict cancellation policy but in this instance it was a mutual decision so I told them to cancel their booking and assured them I would refund them the full amount (it said "You can always offer Rik a partial or full refund in our resolution centre"). 

And then although it said, you can refund Rik up to X amount, it wouldn't accept that amount as the refund. I tried doing it in chunks and it won't let me transfer the remaining £86. This isn't the Airbnb fee as it's still saying that that is what I will earn (rather than Airbnb). 

Can anyone help? I am feeling terrible that this person is out of pocket because I suggested they cancel rather than me.

L