Once you listed your property how long did it take before you received your first request ?

Rhonda3
Level 1
Salt Lake City, UT

Once you listed your property how long did it take before you received your first request ?

I’ve been doing temporary housing in San Francisco for about 15 years using craigslist. I usually get a response within hours of placing the ad. To be truthful, they are not nightly post they are for 30-90 day stay. I’m excited to try it here in Salt Lake City my property is located in Sugarhouse but worried it won’t be profitable doing nightly stays. Would love to hear about others experiences.

5 Replies 5
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

About 3 weeks.  Got a reservation for a week's stay over Christmas.  I'm in the US and the guests were from Finland. 

About 1 day.  To begin I listed my place among the cheapest.  After some good reviews I raised the price.  

When the summer came and all the San Francisco prices were higher I raised my price again.  I still got lots of reservations, but the reviews went down.  Same room and service, different price.

Lisa10
Level 3
New Orleans, LA

Hi Rhonda - best wishes for your SLC listing. Sugarhouse is beautiful!

My first listing was 5 years ago in SF, so things have likely changed a bit because there are many more listings on Airbnb (more competition). I was really surprised - I listed my place at around 10 pm and by 7 am I had 2 inquiries that turned into bookings. I feel like Airbnb boosts your listing in search results a bit when you first start out. I could be wrong - just a gut feeling.

Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

We got requests within a few hours of listing our room.

Bobbi2
Level 1
Osage Beach, MO

I have listed my property and put all my information in, but still don't see my listing. Can anyone help or advise. I put in how I want to be paid and so forth. Did I miss something. Sorry new to this. Any help would be appreciated thank you