One tactic to get your room booked even you have many competative

Sittikorn0
Level 3
Pattaya City, Thailand

One tactic to get your room booked even you have many competative

Guys this topic will probably be one of the story you never heard before.

But im sure this will change your way of hosting to be super better.

Well the tactic i used to get many booking even in my area have many many competitor ,(My room is in pattaya. In this area, theres many many room availble for book but customer still choose me) , is set the price more expensive than the competitor.

Well since im not only hosting the room but also a selling expert. (Im a top seller in the company) I will tell you the basic thing of how setting the price. 

That is the more expensive the hosting fee is the more better quality room in the customer eye. And cheap hosting fee usually mean low quality room in the customer eyes.

I mean even your room really good but the moment you set the price cheap or set the price like other people in market. Your room will look the same like others. Not special in the customer eye.

So try to set the price more expensive  than your competitor, in exchange you just deliver the high hosting quality service. Setting expensive price will give you more profit and will make you have more energy to do high quality hosting thing. Its win-win situation.

You get more profit, the customer get the nice room and good hosting service. Thats all. Thanks for reading

Gulf (sittikorn chanasumon) - hosting expert.

22 Replies 22

Thanks for comment.

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Thanks for sharing this idea.

Thanks for your tip! It definitely makes sense. I’m a new host and thought I’d start cheap to attract guests but my first guests showed complete disrespect for the property and my efforts to offer high quality.

Sittikorn0
Level 3
Pattaya City, Thailand

Sure. I do have the same ecperience like you but after i change the price to goes up....

Everything turn to really really good. You gonna like it

Susan10
Level 9
Elkton, MD

I don't see what everyone else apparently sees.  A listing with no reviews and yet he is an expert on pricing?  I think this must be a joke.  A host who is urging other hosts to purposely mislead guests in the category of price versus accuracy and thereby risk a low rating.  I notice he is also not a superhost!

I'll have to pass on this so called advice.

Sha6
Level 1
New York, NY

I'm sorry..but that doesn't work for my best friend,  that lives about a mile from me. My best, also a host, lost his job, and needed to pay his rent, so he raised his prices..he hasn't had an inquiry for over 30 days!! Recently,  we lowered his price and now he's getting inquiries. 

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

It doesn't work for us either... 5€ up and we have no bookings. We earned almost 80% more this February and March then last year in the same period just by lowering our prices for 5€ (our prices are average in our neighbourhood)

Stephanie365
Level 10
Fredericksburg, VA

I still consider myself a bit of a newbie since I've only been doing this for 8 months and being off the beaten path, I am not going to ever be a high traffic listing. But, I actually use a combination of tactics that seem to work. 

One of the marketing strategies of AirBNB is that we are offering places to stay for less than a hotel, but we are providing a personal touch of this being our home. 

I learned very quickly to turn off Smart Pricing and ignore AirBNB's lower price suggestions. It's an algorithm and not an actual human being who makes those recommendations. When my neighbor up the street is offering a basement bedroom with a bed and everything else is shared with no private amenities for $40 and AirBNB tells me I should lower the rates for my fully equipped apartment with washer, dryer, private bath and full kitchen to $37, that tells you right there that "Smart Pricing" and their pricing suggestions are stupid.

I have set my base price at $55.00. This price is below the average $80-90 per night at the local hotels. Well, except for the 2 low-budget hotels that are known more for their um... hourly visitors and parking lot activities than the vacationers. If you catch my drift.

I have had guests tell me I should raise my rates. Well, there is another AirBNB listing down the road from me about 3 miles away that is offering an apartment for $90. I think she's had one guest in 2 years. So having a premium price in a rural area isn't necessarily a good marketing strategy.