Opportunities - family collection

Diana615
Level 2
Çıralı, Turkey

Opportunities - family collection

Family collection

Why is it a requirement to have a TV?

on this side it says :You have 1 eligible listing" but I couldn`t find out how it is working.

6 Replies 6

@Diana615 the Family collection requires a TV because Airbnb research indicates it is an important amenity for family travel.

If you click on the Family collection box that is on the Achievements tab of the Progress page, it will show you what you need to improve the be part of the Family collection.

Diana615
Level 2
Çıralı, Turkey

Hi Matthew,

thanks for the information.

My place is nearby the sea and surrounded by mountain. My guests want to have a nice holiday back to nature. You can find in the intenet TV Programms  if  that's necessary. My WiFi is good working here. 

I have an outdoor cinema and sometimes I show films for children.

I really don`t agree that AirBnB puts a television as a requirement to be family friendly. I feel pressured.T o offer TV should be a voluntary decision of the hosts.

Best wishes

Diana

@Diana615 I agree with you. Not every family wants a TV, and it is silly to force every host to provide it when a TV makes no sense in certain situations.

However, you can still meet the requirement. Just provide a small television with a over-the-air antennae. (You can even get one that a neighbor is getting rid of.) Optionally add a streaming thing, like a Roku or a Chromecast or a Amazon Fire stick.

Families will be free to ignore the TV, and you can check the "TV" amenity as provided.

Bruna-and-Siana0
Level 10
Santa Clara, CA

@Diana615 Do you think that being added to the Familly collection has an advantage? If the answer is yes, I agree with @Matthew285 Just put a TV (you can get something second hand or pretty cheap) and an air TV antenna. Do you have Netflix or Amazon in Turkey? A roku streaming stick or Amazon Fire stick cost $30-40 and guest might appreciate it. 

@Bruna-and-Siana0 for myself, if it only costs a minor amount of money to add the last few "Family collection" amenities, it doesn't *hurt* to be in the family collection. (You don't give anything up, and you will appear when guests search for family-friendly listings.)

Enrique---Claudia0
Level 3
Rosarito, Mexico

We have about 60 listings with Airbnb. The collections and the ratings seems to be limited to 50 listings. How do we get the remaining 10 listings included? We are missing out on the opportunities ie: family collection and the feedback. We would like to have all our listings included. 

Also, we have had our family collection removed for a few lisitings as the reviews went down to 4.7 from 4.8. Then when the rating went back to 4.8 the listing did not go back onto the family collection. We have been waiting a month. What can we do to get our listing back into the system for the family collection. We seem to be meeting all the requirements now.