Our listing got banned

Charles191
Level 1
Boucherville, Canada

Our listing got banned

Hi, 

An Airbnb representative called us 2 days ago to check if everything was fine with my client, which is new with Airbnb and quite technology illeterate. As we got the situation in hand and had to cancel many reservation, my client announced me that his listing was banned. 

Either the decision was made by a robot or a careless employee, in both cases we think that it is a bad business decision. 

Many customers are coming to my client's house this week and we are impatiently waiting for Airbnb's answer.

Please call my phone number as we will manage my client's property now that he has the proof that he cannot manage his own listing,

Charles

3 Replies 3
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Charles191

This is just a host forum - you will have to contact AirBnB direct to talk them through the issue. As you know the worst thing a host can do is cancel multiple cancellations as it looks to AirBnB that the host is unreliable (which you confirm they are). Perhaps when you explain that you will be managing it in future they will reconsider.

Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

@Charles191 , the way I understand it, your client - not you - is an Airbnb host who is technologically challenged and doesn't understand the basics of Airbnb's rules and regulations, thus he or/and you ended up cancelling many reservations, thus consequently Airbnb deleted his listing. What is your role in this, co-host, professional property manager ? You talk about "our listing" in the headline, but at the end of paragraph yiu call it "his listing". Not very clear.

in any case, this predicable outcome of getting delisted for cancelling many reservations cannot be blamed on a robot or careless Airbnb employee: it is up to each host (or co-host)  to know the basics, certainly about cancellations. The scenario that many  Airbnb customers are coming to your client's house this week is not possible: if indeed Airbnb deleted this listing, they will or have automatically cancelled all future bookings.

Coming here to the forum now, with a request to be called tells me that you  also have a ways to go to study and understand Airbnb's set up and rules.  Perhaps educate yourself in depth about all of that, then apply for co-host status, fill out your profile a bit,  and reapply to  have this listing reinstated. Good luck!

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Hi @Charles191 sounds like you are asking for somebody else but likely that somebody who has a lot of cancellation will eventually be delisted.

David