PROFILE - USELESS, PICTURES AND NOT VERIFIED INFORMATION

Veronica2
Level 2
Guayaquil, Ecuador

PROFILE - USELESS, PICTURES AND NOT VERIFIED INFORMATION

Hello Everyone!

I would love airbnb PLEASE answer this question directly. Why you allow for some to put a USELESS picture as a profile?

When I was creating mine, it didnt´stop bothering asking for a profile they could see my whole face in a close-up picture. BUT in A LOT OF cases, the requests, or messages come from people who has A SHADOW as a face, AN animal, A cartoon, etc. HOw serious that person can be, WHY you allow such things and What would that mean?

I have took few chances and accept some of those guests, but a have denied many others because of that. 

Also when it says NOT VERIFIED INFormatiON, would that mean that is not a trustable person??. There are some that have  been more than a year on airbnb and still have the status as NOT VERIFIED INFORMATION.

PLEASE HELP.

Thanks in advance!!!. 

2 Replies 2
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

I agree with you, @Veronica2 regarding the need for full profile pictures and verified information.  As I am sharing my personal space, I always try to vet the potential guest.  

This forum has many discussion threads about the need for true portrait pictures but none of the forum discussions are directed to Air BNB staff.  Host Voice has the process that allows for specific suggestions to be supported by other hosts and possibly being sent to the team.

Meanwhile, it is what it is and I work with what is there.  I do have Instant Book with a criteria of verification and postive host review.  When I  am contacted by a guest that does not meet those criteria, I educate the newbie by asking for a picture to be uploaded and ask some specific questions that give me a better idea about the guest.

Your points are well taken.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

@Veronica2

The top of your head is missing from your profile photo.

David