Palma de Mallorca in summer 2018

Tereza32
Level 2
Prague, Czech Republic

Palma de Mallorca in summer 2018

Hello, I've read about Airbnb ban in Palma after July 2018. What does it mean for me as a guest?

I am going to book a room for September 2018. It is possible that host will cancel it later because of this ban? Or does the ban applies only for reservations made after July 2018? I think it is not possible that thousands of guests who already booked their rooms (and bought flights) would lost them... 

Thank you for your answers!

3 Replies 3
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Tereza32

El Pais reports that you'll only be able to stay in detached, single-family homes, which are being left outside the ban.

'Yet even these properties will be off limits if they are located on protected rural land, near the airport, or in non-residential areas. There are around 180,000 homes in Palma, of which 23,000 (12%) are single-family homes, according to local authorities.'

So, if this isn't what you're considering, I'd say your reseravtion will be cancelled (unless the host 'ignores' the rules, which would be risky...for both parties).

Elizabeth429
Level 10
Madrid, Spain

@Tereza32

The problem with housing and rentals in Mallorca is that there is not enough accomodation for the population living there. Family homes are being rented out to tourists leaving the locals with no options to rent a place for them to live in permanentely.

There are some Airbnbs available for you to rent, just make sure it is a registered Airbnb which means they count with the necessary paperwork for them to be able to run a rental business. The number of the registration/permit is often shown on the description of the listing.

Enjoy your time there!!!

Home15
Level 2
Palma, Spain

Hello Everyone

We are joining this discussion just in case someone is looking for a Property Management Company that specilises in managing holiday lets. We at Home Concierge can Provide you with A-Z Property Management from Professional Photos and Listings to Guest Reviews, Daily Price Optimization, 24/7 Phone Support, Check in/out Guests, Cleaning Services, Bed & Bath Linen and Maintenance. Our Services are tailor-made to ensure we cater for all individual needs. For free no obligation advice you can contact us on 871 151 192. Thank you