Payment Methods?

Victoria175
Level 2
Brighton, United Kingdom

Payment Methods?

Hi

I've tried to search to see if this has been answered and I can only find help on payout methods.

I've been asked by a potential guests if it is possible to pay with a credit card as she doesn't want to use paypal. She is booking from the USA. Do my preffered payout methods affect how guests pays at the time of booking? As I only have paypal selected.  Without trying to book my own house I can't find out what payment methods come up for guests.

Thank you in advance.

Victoria

5 Replies 5
Raffaele-and-Astrid0
Level 10
Coogee, Australia

Hi @Victoria175

Guest can pay how they like, they don't pay you but Airbnb first, then Airbnb pay you via paypal.

Cheers Raf

Hi. Not sure if my previous reply went to you. Just to say thanks for your help. I politely suggested that she have another go at booking. 

Thanks.

victoria

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Not sure why the guest thinks they can only use Paypal, as credit cards are readily accepted.

Thanks for your reply. Hopefully she will have another go at booking. 

@Victoria175 The guest payment method has nothing to do with your payout preference.  Guests have a variety of ways to pay for a reservation, but it also depends on where they live and the type of payment method that is available in their country.  This link explains:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/126/what-methods-of-payment-does-airbnb-accept