Payment in Colombia

Payment in Colombia

Hello dear Airbnb friends

I would like to start hosting in Colombia, Medellin and I am not sur what payment obtion I should choose ( International Wire, Payoneer Prepaid Debit MasterCard, western union). I try to find cheapest and generally the best way.

What do you like? What do you prefer? 

Thanks a lot 🙂 

5 Replies 5
Prashant9
Level 2
Lucknow, India

Hi Saska,

It's amazing to know that you want to host with Airbnb. There're different method of payouts available. You can click here to find all answers related to payout : https://www.airbnb.com/help/topic/236/payout-services

I personally feel that PayPal is best option since you get your payout within 24-48 hours. 🙂

Cheers,

Joel165
Level 2
Bogotá, Colombia

Hi Saska

Did you find wich is the best and cheapest method of payment here i Colombia. I´m in the same doubt.

Ron-and--Conny0
Level 1
Anna Paulowna, Netherlands

Hello Saskia, are you Dutch?

My wife and i are a Dutch/Colombian couple.

Please keep me informed when you start hosting.

Kind regards Ron

Blake39
Level 1
Bogotá, Colombia

I've had experience with Payoneer and my issue with them is that you only have a credit card to use and withdrawl your guests payment and the ATM's in Colombia all have daily limits.

If you don't mind the wait it would be best, in my opion, to use a wire transfer directly to your bank in Colombia.  This way there is record of the transfer and you're funds are at your local branch.  It take a little more time to monitize the transfer with banks, as you will need to fill out a form and have a supporting document (the airbnb.com transfer recipt) but that's all you would need.

Paypal, the funds will be with paypal until you decide to spend or transfer to your bank... you would then pay a fee to paypal and also the bank wire fee.  This option you're paying twice.

Western Union, i've not transfered funds but I've seen their rates to be rather expensive and the changing the USD to COP i don't think they will give you the international bank rate.  

Overall, i'm for sending it directly to my local bank via wire transfer but if anyone has had good experience and results please share them with us all.

Thank you,

Blake

He creado este grupo para los anfitriones de Colombia 🙂 es para ayudarnos! 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/302915364691149/