Payments from AirBnB

Torbjörn0
Level 2
Oskarshamn, Sweden

Payments from AirBnB

Hi, anyone knows how to get paid from AirBnB as a host?

I haven´t got paid since a long time back and they refuse to talk about it. I have been in touch with the wortless support numerous times, but they are really not interested, I guess that they get paid anyway.

AirBnB do also deactivate my ad every now and then without telling why or not giving me a chance to activate it. And again, the support is not interested in such issues.

So now I want to get out of the nightmare that AirBnB has became since a year back, but I want my money first!

I will also cancel all my future bookings I already have because it just gives AirBnB income and leaves nothing for me except the costs I have, so it it is indeed a lousy business.

Actually it is a bit sad because I have had a lot of bookings via AirBnB and have plenty of good reviews, but they are worthless now.

So anyone: how will I get paid from AirBnB?

11 Replies 11
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Torbjörn0. Have you set the payout method? Sorry, it's the only thing that comes to my mind. I can't believe that Airbnb might be THAT unfair...

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

Yes, I have 2 methods, both was accepted before, but at the moment and since a long tme back they do not accept any of those. No ideas why, they never tell and the support will not talk about it.

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Torbjörn0

If airbnb no longer accepts your payout methods you need to add another payout method and delete the ones not accepted. Your listing is probably deactivated as a prompt to update your payment method. Your money is sat in airbnb's bank waiting for you to tell them where to send it.

I already have two accounts given, which have been used a lot, and I can continue to give them more options, but they will most probably deny them anyway.

I have asked the support if they can send a cheque if they d not like bank accounts, but they did not want to answer.

I think it has something to do with that horrible IDFY process, which is impossible to go through and the support don´t give a **bleep**.

Zinhle1
Level 1
Pinetown, South Africa

Airbnb haven't paid me aswell  FG or a person who checked out almost a week ago... I am so disappointed I guess I have to book all the bookings aswell  coz I can't host for free... I am sooo disappointed at airbnb... I can't even get hold of them as usual 

I wait for the payment from Airbnb.

6,663.00 kroner

hello

Andrew773
Level 2
York, United Kingdom

I am being paid on time - 24hrs after guest checks in BUT I am getting constant messages asking to verify my account and send them photos of my Driving Licence (front and back) or a official Government document which I am not too happy about. I get this message:-

"Avoid a pause in your payouts – add important hosting details."

Airbnb have also taken away my Superhost status because of 1 of their criteria which was less than 10 bookings in the last 12mths. How on earth could I have done this during a pandemic? I live in the house!!

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Andrew773 Are you sure you lost Superhost status through too few stays? This criteria was suspended until end 2021. It is more likely a 4 (or lower) star review dropped your average for the last 12 months below 4.8 whereas in a normal year it would have been swamped by other 5 star reviews.

Andrew773
Level 2
York, United Kingdom

Hi and thanks for your reply - you are probably right and I possibly missed that one but still find it unfair but it's not the end of the world I suppose.

Are you being asked to confirm your identity by sending govt info like Driving Licence details etc. Every message I get now asks me to supply this with this message

"Avoid a pause in your payouts – add important hosting details."

@Andrew773 I uploaded something and took a selfie about 9 months ago - took me ages to work out how (and no I can't remember how I did it now as I am a technophobe). At the time we panicked as we have both our names on the account but it didn't seem to matter and our payments continued and daft messages stopped so we assume all is well with respect to our identity.