Payments getting late

Zoltán2
Level 2
Budapest, Hungary

Payments getting late

Hi People,

3 of my payments (last 3 guests) are getting late, - the longest to get a payment were 2 days in the past. Now it has been 2 weeks, but nothing. Is it possible to not get the payment at all? I am getting pretty concerned.

Thanks,
Zoltán

52 Replies 52
Peter279
Level 1
Budapest, Hungary

Same happening with me, Airbnb hasn't paid out me more than 2 weeks, so i 've just informed my following guests due to overdue balance at Airbnb side we won't be able to accommodate them and asking my future guest to contact with Airbnb asap regards to payments.

I have received the payouts today afternoon, so I hope from now on everything will be fine...
But I think this wasn't your guest's fault, so it is not sure that the best way is to punish your guests... they are now in a very unpleasant situation although they surely understood your point of view (and top of that your apartment is now empty and blocked, no earnings for those days, and in case the superhost status can be also lost). And not sure at all it was Airbnb's fault, they are using for payouts the Worldpay Ltd's services, maybe the problem was there out of Airbnb's control... but I do not know the exact situation. I think if you contact Airbnb and slap on the table, you will get your money too. It is a shame that this kind of issues can happen, but Murphy's law if anything can go wrong it will... 

I am just thinking to inform my guests ?!

i do not know....

from airbnb - no answer

Ella17
Level 1
New York, NY

I agree with this. Is there anyone that can be contacted at Airbnb regarding late payments. It says in my transaction history that the payment will be posted on my direct deposit by 3 business days which was supposed to be Nov 9. It is now Nov 11. Now that I am reading this post, I am quite alarmed. Especially since I know that Airbnb collects payments from its guests immediately. As hosts, we would like our payments posted to our accounts as well as we have bills to pay too, and rent, etc. It costs money to host successfully. I am hoping for this matter to be addressed right away.

Thanks.

Camila47
Level 1
Sao Paulo, Brazil

It has been the same with me, it was payed on 4th November, it is 14th November and no money in my bank account.

it is very strange of airbnb. 

there is not way to make them to pay...?!

Camila **

Netherlands/Brazil

Graham-And-Bev0
Level 2
Inverkeithing, United Kingdom

We have exactly the same problem. A hosting for 3-6th November is unpaid.

I cann't find any way of contacting AirBnB directly to find out what's happening.

Does anyone know of a phone number to call or email address ?

I appreciate having people answer calls is costly but when things break down like there there is a need to talk to someone directly. A loist of answers to irrelevant questions on the 'help' page is no use at all.

Andres48
Level 1
Boston, MA

Hello there, 

According to Terms and Conditions, Airbnb releases payouts to hosts 24 hours after a guest checks in.  My guest checked in yesterday (Nov 14) and I received an email from Airbnb today saying that "this payout should arrive in my account by Nov 18, 2016" (4 days later) and I would like to have an explanation please. And FYI, this should not have anythig to do with the payout method I have (direct deposit) because this did not happen before.

Best regards, 

Andres M.

Hi Andres, 

this is a forum for hosts and Airbnb users, so if you have problem lets contact direct with Airbnb Help Center (probebly no responsible person will read this post from Airbnb). 
I had the same problem with the payouts, and contacted with Airbnb. After few e-mail the attendant at the Help Center passed my case over to the payment office and the next workday I have received the payouts (direct transfer to my account just like your situation). So all I can recommend contact Airbnb! 
And I suspect that the problem is with Worldpay Ltd not exactly with Airbnb. (Worldpay Ltd is an independent agency which collects the payments from the guests and arranges the payouts to the hosts). I hope your problem will be solved very soon!

As has been mentioned before - I've scanned the Help Centre and no contact email address could be found.

If you have one PLEASE share it.

Lisa344
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

Hi,

I haven't been paid since the 7th October 2016.  When I spoke to AirBnB I have been told it was to do with some form I haven't completed.  I asked when the form was sent and they then admitted they never sent the form to me.  This is getting really frustrating as no one is helping at AirBnB and I am now going to have to start cancelling reservations.  I have been trying to get an answer from the 7th October 2016.  As any one had this happen to them

Have not been paid either, tried twitter air bnb help and currently been waiting 24hrs for a response....

Helene60
Level 1
Yangon, Myanmar [Burma]

I am having issues getting one payment (we are almost in dec) for a guest who came in October.

I still have not been paid (we are almost in Dec 2016) for a guest who came in Oct 2016.

Hello,

Hello, I still have not been paid (we are almost in Dec) for a guest who came in october.

Hello, I still have not been paid (we are almost in Dec) for a guest who came in October. Impossible to find answer in the Help Center. I do not know what to do and how to contact AirBnB for them to investigate.

Yes they are saying is aproblem with my bank but I checked and they successfully deposited the 1 cent and now are not paying the $117 canadian owing for a booking on November 7th for 3 night stay... Very frustrating as I have used the same payment mthod for 2 years> Christine

Kay54
Level 2
Durban, South Africa

I haven't been paid for one lot of guests that stayed with me early December and now I have another lot of people that checked in two days ago and haven't been paid .  I think it's ridiculous that there is no support centre directly with Airbnb

Paul5
Level 2
Wales, United Kingdom

i have to post my concerns here to.

when it was working it was great, now this nonsense of late payments starts almost exactly 1 year later and shortly after my 2nd term as superhost starts, now i am not so sure, I OR ANY OF YOU OTHER HOSTS have direct recourse to the right person for a response and help.

I HAVE BEEN SENT AROUND IN CIRCLES ON THE WEBSITE TRYING TO GET A STRAIGHT ANSWER. I CAN ALSO NOT FIND A PROPER WAY OF CONTACTING BECAUSE THIS INFORMATION IS CONVENIENTLY HIDDEN SO AS TO REDUCE THE NEED TO SORT MY/OUR PROBLES OUT.

i am in business myslef and these late payments are signs of 

1. bad managment

2.mis appropriation of funds (robbing peter to pay paul)

3. break down of trust between host and 'booking agent'

the latter being what airbnb is supposedly all about

no-one on this community centre needs to justify 'why they need the money' it is yours, by right and this is the one thing that needs to work properly as no.3 above gets affected.

it is not asif airbnb are awaiting funds to pay you out, they have your money, it is in their account. THE ONLY REASON THEY AREN'T PAYING IS BECAUSE 1 OR 2 ABOVE.

I DEMAND, LIKE ANY OTHER COMPANY ON THIS PLANET, YOU OPEN A PROPER ACCOUNTS DEPARTMENT THAT HOSTS CAN CALL WHEN YOU (AIRBNB) MAKE MISTAKES AND ACCIDENTLY HOLD ONTO MONEY WHICH IS NOT YOURS.

i have not written this to make friends, this is business and late payments are not going to be tollerated. if there's one thing airbnb must do right it is make absolutely 100% sure, that hosts get their money as agreed, 24 hours after a guest moves in. else they will loose their assets, they cannot exist without hosts. end of story!

thank you.