Payout incorrect amount

Kim29
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Payout incorrect amount

Hi All, I have just completed a booking and got paid however the payout amount advised by Aribnb does not match the amount I received. It wasn’t a huge difference, but surely the amount advised on the payout confirmation should be the same as what would be received

please help!

12 Replies 12
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Kim29 Does your payout preference institution charge a fee?

Kim29
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Thanks Clare! It is just a normal bank deposit - how would I find out if there are associated fees??

@Kim29 sorry to reply with such delay.  This is very odd.  Can you give more details?  Like the actual numbers involved?  Also, did you check your transaction history to see if the amount of the payout in the message is the same?  Has this happened before? If your payout company, (don't know whether it's paypal or not) charges a fee, they should itemized it for you.  Just not sure where to direct you, Airbnb or the place you receive your payouts.  With more info, I'll help as best I can. 

Liz26
Level 2
City Beach, AU

I have just experienced a similar issue. My guest was charged $50 above the payout figure. The guest has agreed to forgo this for a late check-out. How do I then receive this money from Airbnb?

@Liz26 Are you considering the Airbnb service fee?

Yes, that was all covered in the email I received regarding payout. It was a $50 charge over and above all fees.

@Liz26 that's interesting.  My payout email notice just gives an amount, no breakdown at all.  So your guest was charged $50 above your nightly rate (what's on your calendar, not your ad) including Airbnb's service fee and cleaning fee? I looked at your calendar and on different days your rates are between $92 USD (which is my currency selection) and $123.  Can you give an exact breakdown of what you are seeing (number of days x rate plus Airbnb service fee and cleaning fee, if any)?

Hi Clare,

The payout breakdown is;

$120AUD x 3 nights

Cleaning fee $49AUD

Airbnb Service Fee $12AUD

Total Payout $396AUD

My guest emailed to say she had been charged $458AUD, which should have been $408AUD.

Regards

Liz

@Liz26  Unfortunately neither you or I can verify what the guest told you since we don't have access to the breakdown on their itinerary.  Perhaps you can contact Airbnb to see what they were charged.  Let me know what you find out!  

Click on the link below to see all the ways to get in touch with them.  

Hi Clare,

Spoke with Airbnb and my guest must not have seen the service fee on her receipt once booked.

I am new to Airbnb and have noticed receipts can vary in detail eg. Cleaning fee not always extra/added.

Many thanks for your help.

Kind Regards

Liz

Christine195
Level 1
Coronado, CA

Hello all,

One of my recent guests was here for two nights and the payout was $62 for each night;  my  lowest price listed on Airbnb is $85 per night.   All the other guests payouts were correct, except for this one.  Please help me with this dilema.  Thank you!!!

Jack58
Level 1
Victoria, Australia

Hi All,

Have just experienced a similar issue, where the payout amount was $193 but I only received $160 in my account. Is this a frequent issue? Who should we contact for support?