Payout to closed bank account

Amber12
Level 1
Seattle, WA

Payout to closed bank account

Hey Guys, 

I just received notice that I had a payment being sent and then I realized that I never updated my bank account and the one it is being sent to is closed so I updated my info and deleted the empty account but the payment is still processing. Has anyone ever had this happen? AirBnb is like impossible to contact. I would guess the money bounces back and then is reprocessed?

41 Replies 41

I am in the same situation, I was wondering if there is any update on this topic?

Airbnb told me that it is my old bank that should give me a check, while the bank says that the refund will bounce back to Airbnb so I'm not sure what to do

Keschia0
Level 2
Jacksonville, NC

Can anyone tell me how long it took to get your money back? this happened to me and its been a month and a half and airbnb keeps telling me that its the banks issue and they cut me off from messaging them saying that the issue is "resolved" when I still haven't gotten my money back. Thank you! 

Hi Keschia0. Is your problem solved?

I'm having the same problem. It's been 3 weeks. Airbnb keeps saying the refund was made and my old bank keeps saying that it's impossible because the account was closed 1 month before the refund.

I'm going back and forward between the bank and Airbnb regarding this issue and both say the responsibility is on the other side.

Best regards,
Ricardo Antunes

@Ricardo1209 Hi was this ever resolved. It has been 6 weeks and I still haven’t gotten my refund. I will be filling a class action lawsuit. 

What finally you did I'm having the same problem. 

Tom2690
Level 1
Netherlands

Hi all, same problem as all of you above. No responses in any AirBNB chat. (friendly) employee at telefone service desk points to bank. Bank points back to Airbnb. No repsonse in chat.

After a month of trying different customer service agents finally, there was one that forward my case to the right person, and they checked that the refund was not processed and they are going to return it to a different payment method because the previous one cannot be done anymore.

What did you say to get to speak to the right person to get your payment sent to your new payment method?

@Ricardo1209 What did you say to get to speak to the right person to get your payment sent to your new payment method?

@April324 was your issue resolved. It’s been 6 weeks and I get getting the run around. I’ll be filling a class action law suit 

It was solved but it took a lot of time until the first levels people in the call center understood that this needs to be resolved with someone with more authority/permissions. After lots of tries one of the "first-level" callers escalated the issue

Sara8077
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Maybe we can all get together and write to a journalist ?

Lots and lots of calls until someone finally understood the issue I was facing. They escalated to payments responsible or manager that refund me via payout 

@Ricardo1209 Do you have the name or number of the person you spoke to that refunded you the money? What did you say to them?

Hi everyone! I just experienced the same issue and fixed it in 3 days.

It was unexpected when i didnt see my funds on my bank acc. Prior to the payout I was asked to add a bank account which I did and got a confirmation that it was accepted. A week after I was supposed to get my payout I went to transactions and saw it went to my very old closed bank acc. 

I contacted bnb - many standard copy-paste customer service replies starting with  'we are on it' ending with 'sorry your payment went to that bank acc, nothing we can do'.

After all the frustrating correspondence I decided to fix it myself. Called the bank (Chase in my case). They require your address connected to that closed bank acc or a phone number. I have a new number and couldn't remember the address but the banker was so helpful (God bless him) and we figured it out. 

What you need to get from the banker are:

1. Transaction ID

2. Trace return number

Then send these and the date money bounced back to bnb and request your money to be sent to your current bank account. 

I hope it helps! Julia