Payouts

Payouts

i am very new to this as a matter of fact just place my listing yesterday. My question is payouts and taxes, If I have a renter that books my place and the place rents for $1,000.00 base rent, and I have a cleaning fee of $125.00. The way I look at it, my payout should be $1,000.00 minus the 3% AIRBNB fee plus the $125 cleaning fee for a total of  $1,095.00? Is this correct , and also I know taxes have to be paid does AIRBNB take care of this and submit to the local communty or is this something I have to do? 

3 Replies 3

@Tiffany140

Base Rent

+ Cleaning Fee

= Total

- AirBnb Service Fee (based on that total)

= PayOut

"I know taxes have to be paid does AIRBNB take care of this and submit to the local communty or is this something I have to do? "

what taxes are you referring to, exactly ?

The sales and tourist taxes.

Here is  a sample of what i mean.

116 x 7 nights
 $815
 Cleaning fee
 $125
 Service fee
 $129
 Occupancy Taxes
 $106
 Total
$1,175
Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

@Tiffany140 You are paid on the nightly rent and the cleaning fee. Airbnb may or may not collect and remit Occupancy Taxes on your behalf. Go here to find out: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/653/in-what-areas-is-occupancy-tax-collection-and-remittance-by-... .

I am not sure where you live and pay taxes. If in the U.S., you will need to report your income if you rent your space for more than 14 nights. Most hosts will report on a Schedule E unless intent on making a profit (versus passive income). If you provide 'special services' (clean while guest there; shuttle guest around; cook for guest) than you must report on Schedule C, not E. You also need to pay State taxes. As indicated above, Airbnb may or may not pay your city / county / state taxes, if you live in the U.S. 

You can find your payment information and any withholdings under 'Transaction History' - then click on 'Gross Earnings'. Hope that helps!