Pending Verification? Whats that about? I don't do instant book & Calandar is blocked

Ephraim0
Level 10
New York, NY

Pending Verification? Whats that about? I don't do instant book & Calandar is blocked

This is the note I get on my multi calandar  - "This reservation is pending verification. For your safety, we request that some users provide additional verification before being allowed to contact you."

I don't do instant book and This is for a reservation date  that's blocked on my calandar for a stay that starts tommorrow. Plus What does that note even mean? Was this guest featured on Americas Most Wanted? Are they possibly on the FBI's 10 msot wanted list? Are they affiliated with ISIS? Why is airbnb concerned about my safety with this unknown guest?  Should I be concerned about my safety? Anyone have this experience? How can my calandar be blocked by someone who has never even contacted me? Any and all answers welcome, because I'm seriously confused.

Thanks

4 Replies 4
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

You have requested that only verified guests book with you. However, in AirBnB;s head this means that guests going through the verification process can also book with you. They hold the space for 24 hours while the guests completes additional verification. It doesnt mean there is any problem with the guest. However....if the guest fails to complete verification then you lose business as your calendar was blocked by an unverified guest. Crazy....

Thank you for the explanation. Yes! Crazy indeed! why on earth block dates on my calandar for someone who hasn'r even reached out to me? I sure hope they're winners. Go figure.

Regina38
Level 10
Wilmington, DE

Hi,
I do mot approve unless they have verified their ID and answered a series of qualifying questions.
I message them and tell them to verify ID.
If they are having trouble with it I direct them to call Airbnb.

My Guess is they submitted a Booking requests and provided payment.

Booking request will bumb any other inquiries and block your calendar. (Even if you have special offer)

IF you decline should free it back up but then you might lose that guest.

It is a catch 22 for the guest tho. They want to stay within 24 hours of booking but need 24 hours or more to verify.

You may want to try reaching out to Airbnb help. See contact Airbnb in the “ Community Help Guides - Airbnb Community”

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Community-Help/Community-Help-Guides/m-p/23100#M311
Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ