Please help me, our address and privacy

Aoi0
Level 6
Tokyo, Japan

Please help me, our address and privacy

Hi, eveyone

Today one of guest asks for our address to inform their family member in Tokyo.

We think we are airbnb, not the hotel.

So we told them, our address is only for those who are going to stay at our place.

Or for the immigration or legal issures.

Am I wrong to tell them that?

We really DO NOT like the guests to inform their family members in Tokyo about our location.

And we do not want any guest to take non resident to our place.

What should I do?

Thank you very much in advance for your prompt answer.

3 Replies 3
Melanie58
Level 10
Boise, ID

Is it a guest, or an inquiry?  If a guest, then they receive your address when they book so they can hypothetically share that information with anyone.  Of course you can have rules about who can enter your property.  If it is an inquiry, then your address is not given to anyone, and probably shouldn't be.  

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

You are quite right - and of course they will get your address if and when they book. You have no control over how they use that - and I assume many people give the address to family members to let them know where they are staying. You would do that if you were travelling so I think that is a bit unreasonable to expect they don't share travel plans with family members. Plus they may have to include it in a visa form, etc..

Aoi0
Level 6
Tokyo, Japan

Thank you very much for the advice.

It is the guest who booked the room already.

She insisted that she did not receive the reservation form with our address on.

So she ask for it and said it is for the family member in Tokyo.

Then I had asked her not to take any family member or friend to our place.

Yes, I can understand if they only use for the reference or for the immigration.

But it sounded like they wanted to show the family members in Tokyo, so they could come and visit her.

I was upset because she should ask for the confirmation sheet from airbnb,, or she had it, she just did not bother to check it.

If they take their family member to come to our place, I will ask them out right away.