Possible weather issue with flooding..

Charlotte96
Level 2
Monroe, WA

Possible weather issue with flooding..

Hi,

I'm in an area that is expected to be hit by 3 storms over the next 4 days and have 2 different reservations. There are only two ways to my house and both have the potential to flood for about a day. I read into Airbnb's extenuating circumstances so that should cover if they don't make it to my house, but what if one of the guests get stuck at my house. Has anyone had this happen? Any suggestions on working with Airbnb on the extenuating weather circumstances to not get dinged if I'm forced to cancel on the guest?

1 Reply 1
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

You are jumping way ahead - although I understand why you need to...

If a guest gets stuck at your house then you either put them up out of the goodness of your heart, as they are stranded just like you, or you ask them to pay for the additional nights.

You should not make the decision to cancel - your guests should. Othewise you will be penalised.

No harm in warning them to keep an eye on the weather and plan their travel accordingly.

If you find your property is cut off or dangerous to access around their arrival date then contact AirBnB and let them make alternative arrangements for your guests.