Pre-approval expired and new request have lower price

Cristina373
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Pre-approval expired and new request have lower price

I am in process to organise my first reservation. I pre-approved a guest and she took too long to answer so the pre approval expired. Where she sent me a new request the price was lower of my original pre-approval agreement. I read terms and it clearly states That the price of the original request will be respected. The guest has already paid to Airbnb but before I accept this I need to know if I am agreeing to the first price showed on first request or the price showing in second request? If someone has been in the same situation and can advice me as the request expires in 8hours and Airbnb is not responding to my email. Many thanks!

1 Reply 1
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Cristina373

When a pre-approval expires and the guest requests again, it is regarded a new request and has nothing to do with the first.  Expired means it is expired like a quote expired after a certain time or a certain date.

If you have smart pricing on and your prices have dropped in the meantime or you have changed your pricing settings between the two, the last one is the valid and contractual one.