Preapprovals

Gabrielle58
Level 2
Waynesville, NC

Preapprovals

I had a guest send a request with a question. After I answered her question, she decided she didn't have the right car to be able to stay at my place so she removed the request. Yet, air bnb is still asking me to pre-approve or decline. Why am I being asked to do that even though there is no longer a request? It seems like it would be confusing to the potential guest to now get my pre-approval once she and I decided she would withdraw the request due to lack of adequate transportation. Air bnb indicates that if I don't preapprove or decline that it will impact my response rating. And, if I decline a guest, the message states that it is disappointing to guests to be declined; so maybe that impacts my rating also???

9 Replies 9
Farah1
Level 10
Seattle, WA

@Gabrielle58 what is the current status of the reservation? Does it say canceled? Declining an inquiry does not hurt your rating based on what I know.

The guest removed the request a couple hours ago; it no longer shows on my calendar. Air bnb just sent me a message reminding me to preapprove or to decline, even though request is no longer active.

Gabrielle58
Level 2
Waynesville, NC

The guest removed the request. It no longer shows on my calendar.

@Gabrielle58 what is the status of the reservation? Is it still INQUIRY or is it CANCELED? If it is still say INQUIRY, that is why airbnb still wants you to decide to pre-approve/decline, if it is already say CANCELED then probably there is a glitch in the system.

It still says inquiry in the messages/notifications, although it no longer shows up on my calendar. I suppose the simplest thing is to simply decline! I thought the guest canceled the request since it doesn't show up on my calendar. We exchanged several messages and she understood that the transportation was not adequate.

@Gabrielle58 once you decline, you shouldn't receive the reminder anymore 🙂

Thank you for your guidance. I am only a month old in air bnb and still learning to navigate the variety of messages!! Was just confused as to why I was still being asked when guest had seemingly removed the request since it wasn't on my calendar!!

@Gabrielle58 you're welcome!

Welcome and happy hosting! 🙂

Cathie15
Level 1
Lampeter, United Kingdom

I have preapproved a guest who asked a question but she has not yet responded 24 hrs later. do I assume that she does not want to book WHAT DO I DO if she doesnt want to come I need to release the dates. August is very busy