Previous positive reviews

Brook2
Level 2
Bloomington, IN

Previous positive reviews

I have been hosting for a few months and I state in my listing that I currently only accept bookings from guests with previous positive reviews. I've been getting flack about this from potential guests. Is there a setting where they can't book with me unless they have positive reviews so I don't need to say it? Or am I being too overly cautious? I rent my entire photo studio and I worry someone will steal my equipment.
4 Replies 4
Brian69
Level 2
Media, PA

Go to Manage Listings/Calendar and More/Booking and you'll see a section called Who Can Book Instantly. Change the setting there and it should do what you need. Good luck!

Allison2
Level 10
Traverse City, MI

Don't sweat it. Some people will always feel entitled - it's your place, so if you feel most comfortable hosting people with reviews, that's what you should do.

I don't think it's unreasonable to want people who have been good guests in the past - especially since you have valuable equipment in the place. About half my guests are new (everyone has to start somewhere!), and most of them make great guests, but they're unproven, so there is a bit more risk. Nobody else should be able to tell you how much risk is comfortable for you - the type of people who are giving you flack for it are precisely the kind you don't want to host anyway. 😉

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I have had many people stay wih me who were newbies and now would have a positive review, I can only think of a couple of occasions when I gave a negitve comment. So they would by your definition be good to go.

However most of my stays are for one or tow nights and I am on the premises. 

I would not wish to suggest anyone who had stayed with me would be good to go in your situation.

Let us say somebody did have evild intent, they could stay somewhere, het a positive review and then would be good to go.

Now if this is your rule I would make it more prominant, maybe one of the first items.

David
Brook2
Level 2
Bloomington, IN

Thank you all for your responses. Based on what you all said, I think I will lock up super sensitive equipment and open up to non-reviewed guests. Thanks so much for sharing your experiences.