Previous property owner still has active listings - is this allowed?

Previous property owner still has active listings - is this allowed?

I manage a B&B with individual room listings on Airbnb, which was recently taken over by new owners (I managed the property for the previous owner and will continue to do so for the new owner). I have created new listings for the B&B under the new name with some updated details etc, however I have noticed that the previous owner still has active listings in place. Is this allowed when she no longer has any connection with the property? I still have access to her log in (we are no longer on speaking terms and she hasn't bothered to change her passwords) and she has received a number of enquiries since the closure of her business. She tends to be offering alternative properties to these potential guests, mostly apartments that she rents out, which are of a much lower quality in my opinion. I realise that if the guest agrees to book the alternative place, then that's up to them, but my issue is that she is detracting business away from my B&B by allowing her listings to continue, and I think it's quite deceitful. Is there anything that Airbnb would be able to do about this? As she no longer owns or operates the business, can they insist that she closes her listings?

6 Replies 6

@Lindsey6, you can inform Airbnb about it and they'll intervene to take down the now illegal lisitng. If it's that important, please get in touch with the previous owner and inform they that they can no longer use the old lisitng, else you'll approach Airbnb to close their account. That should work.

@Jeet0 thanks, how do I contact Airbnb? Is there an email address for them? I wouldn't be in a position to discuss this with the previous owner unfortunately, so I need to be able to contact Airbnb. I just wanted to check that they would definitely intervene.

There's a big search bar above please make use of it and type Contact Airbnb Guide

Thanks for that - that added sarcasm wasn't necessary though.

There was no sarcasm, purely instructions.
Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

You can flag the listing.