Price Discrepancies on Listing?

Hannah35
Level 2
Washington, DC

Price Discrepancies on Listing?

Hello!  We are hosting at property for $85 a night, however on the listing it comes up as $120 until you put in dates.  Literally all dates are listed as $85 so I'm not sure where the $120 is coming from and I think we are losing guests because of it.  Can someone advise?  Thank you!

16 Replies 16
Jacquie41
Level 1
Windhoek, Namibia

Yesterday  I booked an AirBnB in Cap Town for a 2 week stay.

While I was searching I was sure the price for the cottage I was interested in was displayed as US$ 23 per night but accepted that I had probably made a mistake when it came up again , just as I was trying to book, as US$ 27 per night. Then , after paying, I looked at the invoice and it showed that we had actually been charges US$ 30 per night.

Today my husband  looked up the  advert for this same cottage on his computer. Once again there is the cheapest price offered - US$ 23. So we have actually paid 30%  more than the original price advertised per night.

Please can someone explain these discrepancies ? It is not possible for me as a client to follow up on this with Air BnB.

Patti19
Level 1
Maidenhead, United Kingdom

Hi,  I have just noticed that I have exactly the same issue, despite having to set the prices based on seasonality.  I don't have smart pricing on so rates should show as I have set them.   Discount % are also different.  I am so confused.

I wonder if you had managed to get it resolved with Airbnb and if so,  could you share their contact details please?  Thank you