Price breakdown which excludes total number of guest

Answered!
Darroll0
Level 1
Kuching, Malaysia

Price breakdown which excludes total number of guest

Hello everyone.  I've a hostel with a total of 9 individual bedrooms and 1 bed in each bedroom.  In the basic room setup section, I select the following options:

Listing

Property Type: Hostel

Room Type: Private room

Accomodates: 9

Building size: 6-25 Rooms 

Rooms and Beds

Bedrooms:9

Beds:1

When I run a tryout booking of say 5 guests for 2 nights, the price breakdown has omitted out the total number of guest, which is 2 nights x price/night, instead of 2 nights x price/night x total number of guest.  Please enligthen me on what have I incorrectly selected.  Thank you.

Darroll Lo 

1 Best Answer
Maria-Lurdes0
Level 10
Union City, NJ

Hi @Darroll0 , here's my inputL

1) Turn OFF the listing right away, as you need to make changes and in the meantime you may end up with bookings for 9 guests, all expecting a bedroom each, for a total of $10

2) Be careful with text overlays on your pictures, that function sometimes gets picked up by spam filters and listings shut down, as the bots don't know if the text overlay says "laundry here" or "clean and cozy" or says "don't book on Airbnb, call me at XXXXX".  I'm not saying you should take the pics down, just be aware that many listings have been shut down because of texts over images.

3) You need to set up each bedroom separately, or if you want to rent bed by bed, then you need to set up each bed separately.   So right now you are renting out the entire hostel (9 guests, each in their own bedroom) for a total of $10.  That is obviously incorrect.

For example, if you want to set up listings bed by bed, then let's say that you have a bedroom that has two beds, and you're selling it as a shared room.  You could make listing #1 for One bed in a shared room.   Then listing #2 for second bed in same shared room.   Then you could make listing #3 for Two Beds in Private Room that sleeps maximum 2 guests.    If you do this, you have the option for one guest to book a bed in a shared room (listing #1), the option for a second guest to book the second bed in that same room (listing #2) OR the option for either one single person or a couple to book listing #3 for the private room with two beds each.

I think you have a lot of copying/pasting in your future, as I'm sure that your intent is to rent each bed for $10 a night, am I correct?

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Maria-Lurdes0
Level 10
Union City, NJ

Hi @Darroll0 , here's my inputL

1) Turn OFF the listing right away, as you need to make changes and in the meantime you may end up with bookings for 9 guests, all expecting a bedroom each, for a total of $10

2) Be careful with text overlays on your pictures, that function sometimes gets picked up by spam filters and listings shut down, as the bots don't know if the text overlay says "laundry here" or "clean and cozy" or says "don't book on Airbnb, call me at XXXXX".  I'm not saying you should take the pics down, just be aware that many listings have been shut down because of texts over images.

3) You need to set up each bedroom separately, or if you want to rent bed by bed, then you need to set up each bed separately.   So right now you are renting out the entire hostel (9 guests, each in their own bedroom) for a total of $10.  That is obviously incorrect.

For example, if you want to set up listings bed by bed, then let's say that you have a bedroom that has two beds, and you're selling it as a shared room.  You could make listing #1 for One bed in a shared room.   Then listing #2 for second bed in same shared room.   Then you could make listing #3 for Two Beds in Private Room that sleeps maximum 2 guests.    If you do this, you have the option for one guest to book a bed in a shared room (listing #1), the option for a second guest to book the second bed in that same room (listing #2) OR the option for either one single person or a couple to book listing #3 for the private room with two beds each.

I think you have a lot of copying/pasting in your future, as I'm sure that your intent is to rent each bed for $10 a night, am I correct?

Maria, 

Thank you so much for sharing your tips and suggestions on the guest-bedroom-bed configuration that will generate price breakdown correctly.  My hostel actually provides 9 private bedrooms with each room has only 1 bed for 1 guest.  I didn't realize even with this straight forward 1 bedroom-1 bed-1 guest configuration without any other guest-bed combinations/options would have me searching for guidance here...haha.  I certainly hope to figure it out on multiple listing very soon as you have suggested.    

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

You have listed your property as a single booking no additional charge per person.

I assume listing rooms individually would be more normal and what you would want?

David

David,

Thank you for pointing out my actual intention.  Yes, it is for individual bedroom with only 1 bed and is for 1 guest only in each private bedroom.  

Hi I new to airbnb and need some advice.i'm renting a double room  

1 double bed. So fare I rent to a couple. I when we talk about extra charge for guest, does it mean 1st person pay the price of a double room and 2nd is a guest? Or 1 double room