Pricing

Jason42
Level 1
Merewether Heights, Australia

Pricing

I have noticed a difference in pricing when receiving a guest request vs my advertised pricing (always less than my advertised rates) I then offer the guest a price (of what I should be charging) and see what the guest pays in order for me to obtain my tariffs and noticed twice now that the customer is paying a much higher amount, one was over $1000 more ie paid to Airbnb vs what I need to acquire? Has anyone else noticed this? - I have hopped on from a customer's point of view and again the set rates I know should be displayed are alot less and NO this is not based on a weekly booking where I offer a discount - this is based on my 2 night min stay required.

Thanks

5 Replies 5
Amaris0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

The message isn't very clear but I think this ming explain the difference in fees

The rate you receive from Airbnb will be a bit less tan your advertised nightly rate + additional fees because Airbnb charge you a host service fee  - https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/63/what-are-host-service-fees

The total fee the guest pays is also more than your advertised total fees as Airbnb charge a guest service fee on top of your rates - https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/104/what-are-guest-service-fees

Also if there are any currency differences, then you need to allow for exchange rate. 

Ama

Jason42
Level 1
Merewether Heights, Australia

Thanks Amaris

I still cannot see $1000.00 in addition to what I charge being correct - as it looks like double dipping to me??

I am a host and a traveller I stayed at a place the other night and it said I would pay $206, $180 for house and $26 in fees and service.

I was then charged $270. I AM REALLY PISSED OFF AT THIS! 

The same thing happens all the time with my listing and airbnb cant be contacted is there anyone taking responsibility for this?

Brian

Therese11
Level 1
South Lyon, MI

So far I am finding this website annoying.  We are a new listing on Airbnb but have rented for over a year on VRBO quite successfully.  The quotes that are given to the guests are substantially less than the fees I've posted on the calendar for those dates and we receive those fees readily on VRBO.  The fees and where the taxes are listed and charged are not evident.  And what's with not being able to contact anyone for information directly..  Does anyone know how to quit the site?!

Laura251
Level 1
Slindon, United Kingdom

Can anyone help?  I have my cottage advertised for £134 per night in August and someone has just booked but it seems that they are paying £111 per night and then less the Airbnb fee.  I am not sure how this is happening - I have checked to see if there is a weekly discount turned on but there doesn't seem to be.