Pricing

Answered!
Nicole-Steve0
Level 1
Victoria, Australia

Pricing

I have smart pricing on I have set my base price at $190 and Weekend price at $250.  I do not understand how a reservation has come through priced at $180 per night? How has this occurred

1 Best Answer

There is a "fixed" or "base" price which is the price that will show in the search results and the price your listing will be rented at when the listing is beyond the 4-month "Smart Pricing" limit.  Smart Pricing works for 4 months from today’s date. Beyond 4 months from now, guests will see your base price or the custom prices you’ve set. 

If you have your "Minimum Price" set lower than your "fixed" or "based" price, the Smart Pricing can, based on the algorythm can reduce the price.  Make sure your "Minimum" is set no lower than your "fixed" if you do not want it to fall below that.  

So, for example, our "base" price is $50 but our Minimum is $43.  

Also, double check that the room was not rented at your minimum and the price you are seeing is that minimum MINUS fees and taxes (if applicable).  

View Best Answer in original post

20 Replies 20

Did you find a solution? I have the same problem.

Valerie134
Level 1
Falerone, Italy

I am brand new to this and have set a price at 60 Euro but my first and only client wanted to book at that price but when he tried AirBnb gave him a huge figure and he was put off. How can this happen?

Good afternoon all,

My house in the research is more expensive than the real price. In June my calendar is 85 /95 and 110 euro per night but on the research is 161 euro. The smart pricing is off.

How can I fix it?

Thanks

Gaia

Michael706
Level 2
New York, NY

Yes, I just had this exact issue.  My Smart Pricing minimum was set for $52.  It updated my calendar to show a few close by days in the $60s, but most everything else in the $80s and $90s.  I left for a few hours and came back to a booking request for $51/night, a dollar less than my minimum.  When I went to my calendar, _all_ my days were set to $51.  Something is clearly going wrong with Smart Pricing.  Perhaps they switched their logic and it's forcing everything < minimum rathe than >= minimum.  That would seem to make sense as to why all mine were exactly $1 less.

Jane293
Level 1
Biddenden, United Kingdom

I can't understand if my base price is £38, why not every month shows that?  The following two months go down to £35??

Tair0
Level 1
Pai, Thailand

Hi all,

Sorry if this is a repeat question, am new to this.....

I have set my calender prices higher than my base price as it is my high season.

I have had a booking enquiry for a week and the amount i stand to make is 7

times my base rate; the calender prices are higher.

If i search airbnb and look at my property it shows the prices on my calender

which are higher than the base rate.

Any ideas why this is happening?.... Is it because i need to switch on smart pricing?

But i still don't understand why when i search as a guest it shows the higher calender price.

Please help.

Tair.