Primary host receiving all payment and communication

Christina594
Level 1
Anchorage, AK

Primary host receiving all payment and communication

Hi, we are the listing admin for our rental. We added a co host about 3 months ago and made her primary host. Now just recently we are not receiving any new messages or reservation information and all payments are now going to her and her bank account which I thought could never happen because we are the listing admin.

airbnb is saying it is because she is primary host and we need to change it to ourselves if we want to view reservations or get the payments back to our account. But I don’t want to be primary host, and I don’t know why this change occurred all of a sudden. My co host hasn’t changed anything and neither have we.

anyone else with a similar experience or know how to get through to customer service that can actually help? They are just forwarding articles about co hosting and aren’t addressing my actual question.

thanks!

58 Replies 58
Sarah-And-Tom0
Level 5
New South Wales, Australia

Hi Lizzie, Thanks for the update.

Unfortunately the bug is not properly fixed, as we still cant see the email thread associated with any of the affected bookings meaning we have no access to the deatils provided by those guests.

After 3 and a half weeks this is simply not good enough.

Sarah

Below is what 1 of my hosts received + have said!

The communication from Airbnb is appalling....it does not describe the issue with payments, messages & reviews!!!!

It also states that the Co-Host (me) was informed....I haven't receieved anything

What about the reviews?

As this can have an impact on some Co-Hosts for their SuperHost status, are the reviews going to be corrected & put under the listing?

When you say that payouts for the impacted hosts are on the way...what does this mean?

I have had already rebated my hosts for the payments coming to my bank account....

As I previously stated....the communication from Airbnb is extremely poor, badly worded, not sent while the issue was occurring & is not clear on what actually happened &/or what the fix actually does!

How frustrating!!!!! &^%$#$%&I*O

I wanted to let you know that Airbnb has now fixed the issue (apologies for the delay!), and payouts for the impacted hosts are on their way. All affected hosts will also receive an email shortly with more details.

Hi Craig, 

I got the below weird email from air Bnb. Can you please let me know if I need to do anything? 
Thanks
Emma

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

On Wednesday, January 9, 2019, 6:06 pm, Airbnb <automated@airbnb.com> wrote:

Airbnb

Hi Emma,You have upcoming reservations that may not have appeared in your calendar, itinerary, or email until today.What to do
  • Check your calendar—you have upcoming reservations
  • If you’re not able to host for these dates, please reach out to Airbnb Support

• What happenedReservations recently booked for your listing(s) were mistakenly sent to the account for your co-host, SleepOver Brisbane - Craig McDowall. We’ve already notified your co-host to let them know.Thanks,The Airbnb Team

@Lizzie

Hi Lizzie,   I am an affected host and have not received an email.  The payout for a reservation that was from 12/30/18 to 1/2/19 went incorrecty to our primary host.  We have not received the payout and our Primary host account has not been reverse debited.  This needs to be corrected ASAP.   Moving forward we seemed to have corrected the situation.  We had a reservation that was from 1/4/19  to 1/7/19 and like the previous reservation all communication was going to the Primary Host only. However, on  1/3/19 I changed us ( Owners & listing Admins) to also be the Primary Host and left Mary as a co-host.  I then starting getting the email communications for that reservation and the payout came correctly to the authorized account for our listing on 1/7/19.   

Please contact me about correcting the payout for the 12/30 to 1/3 reservation.  

Thanks, 

Graham

Lizzie
    Former Community Manager
    Former Community Manager
    London, United Kingdom

Hello @Graham-and-Jim0,

Thank you for your reply here. I am sorry to hear this.

The emails regarding specific payment updates  were going out yesterday and today, so hopefully it will arrive with you shortly, and please do double-check your spam filter. 

Can you let me know if you have recieved this yet?

Thanks,
    Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Lizzie, 

@Lizzie

Appreciate a reply....

What a shambles.... one of my affected Hosts (there was 4 in total) received the below email this morning...She asked what does it mean....

The other Hosts, still have not received anything.

It does not state anything about incorrect payments, reviews appearing under the co-host or what the error was...

As there was NO communication from Airbnb &/or support did not know, I rebated the incorrect payments to the Host at the end of December.

Are the reviews that were incorrectly put on the Co-Host's profile being moved to the Hosts profile?

This evening, I have now received an email (also below) stating that the incorrect payments will now be deducted from my income.... OMG!

Now I will have to ask the Host/s to rebate me the monies that I have already rebated to them.

Please explain why the communication from Airbnb is non-existant & then when it is...it does not make any sense?

Snip20190110_142.png

Image.png

*[Personal information hidden for safety reasons – inline with the Community Center Guidelines]

SleepOver-Brisbane0
    Level 5
    New Farm, Australia

Just checked my Upcoming Payouts....

These are for properties that I am Co-Host for (1 of which is the email my Host recieved today / above....are you sure this is fixed@Lizzie?

Image 1.pngImage 2.png

*[Personal information hidden for safety reasons]

Lizzie
    Former Community Manager
    Former Community Manager
    London, United Kingdom

Hello @SleepOver-Brisbane0,

Thanks for replying to me here and for providing more information on what you are still experiencing. I am really sorry to hear this. 

I have passed your feedback here back to the team working on this. I have heard from other hosts here in the CC that they are starting to receive their payments, so I am hopeful everything will get resolved with your account shortly. 

Do keep me posted on this and when I get more information, I will be sure to share it with you and others here.

Thanks,

Lizzie

(P.S - I hope you don't mind, I removed the personal information from your images above)

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Thanks @Lizzie

So...are the reviews going to be moved to the correct Hosts / properties?

As per @Sonia641's response below...I too was advised to reimburse the Hosts from ABB CS, which I did...is there anyway of stopping the reversal, as now I will have to get them to pay me?

Sonia641
    Level 1
    St. Augustine, FL

I am a primary host for two different listing admins.  Beginning 12/18 my own nightmare began with regards to random (not all) payouts coming to me, inability to communicate with guests (again randomly) and to access various areas such as reservation changes, etc.  I spent repeated hours on the phone with CS to no avail.  They advised we handle reimbursements on our end.  I spent the last 2 weeks screen shooting, logging, accounting and checks going back and forth to get all the payouts into the proper accounts.  Today I received 1 email telling me they were sending one prior payout to the host/listing admin and deducting it from my future payouts.

When I checked my transaction history there were hundreds of dollars in reversed transactions that I now have to go back to the hosts to get reimbursed for again.

In addition neither the owners nor myself can communicate with the guests and I am having to text/call them to do check ins and the like.  After speaking with Airbnb yet again, now they are suggesting to remove myself as primary host from all listings and then get re-invited, etc.

I understand that glitches happen but this has been so profoundly messy and cumbersome.  Quite frankly I have been extremely dissatisfied with customer service.  This is an Airbnb issue and they have just dropped the ball on their whole host/cohost base. I am not, nor are the listing admins, particularly tech savvy and who knows how our reviews will be affected as we muddle through not able to provide the quality service we normally do.  And of course this will only be reflected on us, even though none of it was our doing.  More than anything I would have appreciated much better communication and guidance.  Yes we do, each and every one of us affected, deserve an individual response and solicitation to make things right!

Lizzie
    Former Community Manager
    Former Community Manager
    London, United Kingdom

Hello @SleepOver-Brisbane0@Christina594@Sonia641@Graham-and-Jim0@Sarah-And-Tom0@Mary1327

Thanks for your additional responses. I’m sorry to hear you’re still experiencing difficulties.

Airbnb has fixed the root issue, but the team is still finalizing a few updates. These include the display of reviews and payments received by a co-host, which several of you have mentioned here. You can expect to see those changes very soon.

Thanks again for your feedback and patience.

Lizzie

--------------------

Lizzie,

Thank you for all your communication.  You are the only right thing ABB did in this process.  

Can you let us know the "take aways" ABB learned from this mess. 

I am hoping you won't go live with a system update or make system  changes again without testing them first.  Did you completely change systems or was it an overlay on top of your current system?  Please explain to rebuild trust.  Sometimes opening the kimono is the best way to rebuild brand loyalty.

Please explain why you decided to not reverse debit but deduct future payments from other listings.  That one has my head spinning.  It's wrong on so many levels.

Mary

José308
    Level 2
    Buenos Aires, Argentina

Hello @Lizzie

As for myself the payment issue has been solved and access to previously unseen reservation is now corrected. Thank you!

I have now a derived issue with a bad review fueled by lack of communication experienced by the guest. I will write a private message to you. Thanks again!

José308
    Level 2
    Buenos Aires, Argentina

Hi @Lizzie,

I am following up on an issue with a review from one of our guest during cut of communication from host. 

The guest was angry we didn't respond to his requests, as I speak english I deal with english speaking guests:

"You had the right to reply to the short request I sent you but you and Jose elected not to communicate." 

"Presented to the host and co- host a short email asking for further assistance to replace the pillows and the china ware. No response for the whole duration of the lease."

"And the worst thing a host can do is not communicate. "

Is there anything we can do with this? I didn't have a choice to communicate with them and offer refund if they wanted. They left an angry review to damage the listing.