Private home of NYC citizen trespassed by armed government officials.

Ephraim0
Level 10
New York, NY

Private home of NYC citizen trespassed by armed government officials.

Think about this for a moment. A private homeowner who by all accounts was operating with in his legal rights intimidated by armed NYC officials and other civil service agencies for exercising his legal right to free speech. Due to his effort of calling upon nyc officials to be mindful of his and all of our civil liberties. In a public forum meant for the citizens to voice their views to nyc public officials. This man was made an example of... brazen, and disturbing.

where are our civil rights organizations and advocates? Where’s the ACLU?
6 Replies 6
John1080
Level 10
Westcliffe, CO

@Ephraim0 Cronyism at its best. The hotel lobby and their bought political cronies trying their best to suppress free competition. 

Thank

@John1080 wrote:

@Ephraim0 Cronyism at its best. The hotel lobby and their bought political cronies trying their best to suppress free competition. 

Thanks man. I’m so serious gestapo tactics in a man private home. Scary as hell. Where’s the g-d **bleep** ACLU?

this crap would never happen in montana... and you can forget about Alaska! But in supposedly progressive, left of center NYC happening without question.

John1080
Level 10
Westcliffe, CO

@Ephraim0, yes if by 'progressive' one means ever increasing regulation and taxation put in place under the guise of helping the little guy, but in reality supporting the corrupt revolving door relationship between established big business and entrenched politicians. 

Yes!!!! You get it. Thank you!!!

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

I ran into the hotel lobby in a totally different arena. Came away with a full appreciation how ruthless and cold-blooded they really are.

I agree - I feel like Airbnb dropped the ball at every juncture  during this 2-3 draconian ordeal. It’s a civil liberties issue, a civil rights issue - regarding free speech, right to privacy,to my mind Airbnb fails by trying pulling themselves out from under the shared better propaganda. Resulting in airbnb wasting timr and resources because they are so busy rolling around and arguing in the mud with pigs. To no benefit. 

This is is clearly a constitutional issue, a privacy issue and now more so than ever (Americans most revered right) a free speech issue. An issue that can proven in the federal courts as one involving significant payoffs to public officials. And an issue that at this point only the ACLU has the stature and standing to quickly address and end. Certainly if they took up the cause (and it’s a cause alright)it would rapidly cease, and those who received payments would try to make disappear by backing off and hiding. 

Not sure who Airbnb employs as council or PR agency, but if I didn’t know better id think they’re also funded by “share better” - instead I’ll just employ Occam's razor, and assume they’re  completely incompetent