Problems in the flat as Travel Issues

Ian185
Level 1
Guildford, United Kingdom

Problems in the flat as Travel Issues

We have been here NY and it has taken the host 7 days to resolve the internet issue which was critical to us resolving our day to day sightseeing.

The hot tap did not work when we arrived. This was advised to the host within 24hrs. The issue remains unresolved and it looks as if we will have left the property when fixed.

The plug does not work in the bathroom basin. You can fill the basin biut not let the water out!

Not all the gas rings work on the cooker. 1 you have to light with a taper and not the electronic ign.

Current situation -

Daily requests have eventually resolved the internet issue. We now use 2 internet providers one for each laptop!

The tap issue resmins un-resolved.

The plug issue remains unresolved.

The gas cooker remains unresolved except we have been told to use just 2 rings of the 4 available.

Can you make any suggestions please.

3 Replies 3
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Ian185 I am sorry to hear you have issues with your Airbnb place.

Internet and hot water are serious problems and I wouldn't be happy on your place eather. You could ask your host for some refund, if he declines you could contact Airbnb and hear what they will tell you. You can also ask Airbnb to help you find another place to stay.

To light one ring with a lighter or just use 2 other rings would not be any problem for me. I didn't have electric ignition stove the first 40 years of my life and I survived 🙂  Regarding the basin plug try to lift it up a little then rotate and pull it out (at least ours works that way) 

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Ian185

I am surprised that you continued to stay at a property with no hot water.  Hopefully all your correspondance with the host has been kept on the airbnb platform as proof of the situation so that you have a base for claiming a refund.