Problems with hair in your listing? SOLVED!!!

Alexis-and-Momo0
Level 4
Belfast, United Kingdom

Problems with hair in your listing? SOLVED!!!

As hosts, I think we can all agree that hair is one of our worst enemies. You can wash the bed linens 100 times and hair will still be embedded in them. As someone who has been a guest several times, I know there is nothing worse than finding someone else's hair all over you. So as a host I've tried my best to make sure that my guests don't have to deal with this. I can't even tell you how many unsuccessful methods we tried; at one point we even tried to vacuum the linens (I know, how embarrassing right?). Thankfully, my husband and I discovered THE solution to this problem and it has made our lives so much easier.

Two words for you - LINT ROLLERS! I honestly don't know why we didn't think of this before but I am grateful that we at least figured it out sooner rather than later. Now, once we put the clean fresh linens on the bed, we go through and use the lint rollers on the sheets, duvet cover, pillow cases, and towels, and the amount of hair (and lint) that comes out will seriously blow your mind! Aside from doing the linens, I've realized the the lint rollers work great for dusting as well! Instead of using a duster or a towel to dust (which typically just brushes the dust into the air and blows it somewhere else) the lint rollers actually collect the dust way more effectively.

All in all, I have come to seriously appreciate the invention of the lint roller and I don't think I will ever be able to live without them! I just had to post this because it helped me so much and I know that there are others that will find this tip extremely useful.

53 Replies 53

Emilia, I'm wondering where you buy your high quality sheets. We only have Walmart here in Ellijay, so I'd have to go online to get them anywhere else. I'm willing to do that, of course, if it'll make that much difference. Would you mind giving me the name of the store and brand name for the sheets? Thanks!

@Shushannah0 I'm not Emilia, but I can give you the link to where I order mine on Amazon. I forwarn they are not cheap, but almost everyone comments on them in their review or our guestbook. 100% Egyptian Cotton Sheet Set - 1000 Thread Count | Single Ply - Sateen Weave | Set Includes One Fl...

Thanks so much, Letitia! I just ordered 2 sets! They're more expensive than I normally would pay for sheets, but I'm taking your word for it! I have Amazon Prime, which gives me 2 day free shipping, so I'll have them this Wednesday, before my next guest arrives. I do love hosting!

Thanks again,

Shushannah

@Shushannah0 I think you'll get good feedback from them. I actually paid $5 more per set then they are running right now lol. 

Oh, I forgot to ask you about the guest book. Is it automatically done online by Airbnb or do we create our own guest books? I'd be interested in seeing yours, if it's the latter. Just curious, but I think a well-made guest book created by the host would be a nice touch for guests.

Thank you!

Shushannah

@Shushannah0 It's a physical book we leave on the coffee table. Our house manual with all the instructions for operating each and everything in the house, it also includes all the owner manual instructions in it is also located there. 

These are two examples of what they write. The first was a family, the second oversea guests. With the book though as others have said you may not get an online review. Luckily I have. 

544202029 (1).jpg

IMG_1737.jpg

Great idea, Letitia! Thanks for the photos. Sorry I took so long in responding. Just very busy!

Shushannah

@leticia and @Shushannah0, wow that's a lot of money for sheets!!!  I have had several sets of decent sheets (Ralph Lauren, but from Marshalls) get ruined by some kind of face products people use. 

I have found the Target "THreshold performance sheets" https://www.target.com/p/performance-sheet-set-solids-400-thread-count-threshold-153/-/A-51846287?pr... to be both robust and nice and smooth, and they wash well, but they cost about a sixth of those nice Amazon sheets.  (The Amazon ones don't come in twin size, which is what I have in my unit, so I'm off the hook on that one!). They come in lots of colors too.

@Susie0 my twin are 650 count best I could fine, I guess they think children don't need 1000 count LOL...

Susie, granted, they were much more than I'd usually pay. I'll consider the Target sheets for future reference. Thanks!

Shushannah

Hi Letitia,

You should also check out Bed Bath and Beyond.  They have a choice of high quality sheets at good prices.  I bought extra sets for replacements because BBB doesnʻt always have the same products available so you have to get them while they are.  You can use their 20% coupon for one item or join their discount program and get 20% off of everything on every order.  I LOVE THAT!  I bought 4 sets of sheets from them and all of my towels and so far I havenʻt had a hair problem but I am going to keep some lint rollers on hand in case I do.  Thanks for the tip!

Aloha,

Nalani

I don't think my guests will be getting sheets that nice! But I'm glad your guests appreciate the extra quality!

@Shushannah, I usually buy sheets from The Company Store or Garnet Hill. Both online retailers. I use cotton/percale in the summer and 5oz flannel in the winter. They can withstand many washes (I have a lot of one night stays) and still look bright and fresh even after many months of hosting. I buy everything in white in case I need to use a little bleach to remove stains. To me, quality sheets make all the difference, both in the comfort of the bed and in the ease of cleaning.

Emilia, I couldn't agree more! The quality of the sheets makes a world of difference! Most of my guests have commented on how comfortable the bed was. It's the sheets, totally, but I'm not telling, lol!

Shushannah

Do you have Big Lots?  They carry a brand, Aprima, that is a heavy, high thread count 100% cotton and they go on sale for about $30....they're not super high quality...they wrinkle and some sets shrink a bit, but they stand up really well to washing, hot water and stain remover and they are nice and heavy.