Profile update failed: Email has already been taken.

Yamba0
Level 2
Yamba, Australia

Profile update failed: Email has already been taken.

hi there,

Im trying to change my email address but the above error keeps coming up.

Im also not getting emails to my old email.

Any help much appreciated!

thanks

23 Replies 23

Hi. I have been getting the exact same message for the last two months and have not found any way around it.  I switched the email address to my partner's email when I was going to be out of pocket for some weeks so our hosting could continue.  Now when I try to put it back to my email address, which I was using fine before the change, I get this message.  Have tried everything I can find but no go.  Any insight or help appreciated.

Hi - did you find a fix? Thanks so much. Kathy

Mouhamad0
Level 1
Puducherry, India

works! after changed my timezone

Fiona98
Level 1
Perth, Australia

I dont know how to fix this! Someone please help!!! 🙂

Mantas1
Level 1
Vilnius, Lithuania

I had an old profile with my current email address and a new profile with my work email. I deleted my old profile and wanted to switch my new profile to my personal email address. I get the same message (Profile update failed: Email was recently in use by another user.) and cannot change the email. Could you please advise?

Hi Mantas, I'm having the same issue.  Could you please let me know how you solved this?  Thanks.  *sensitive information hidden*

Ma--Zenaida0
Level 2
Quezon City, Philippines

I'm currently having the same issue. Were they able to resolve yours?

Oleh5
Level 2
Bratislava, Slovakia

the same for me, guys. Is there a solution to this?

How did you resolve this? I have the same issue. 

I am travelling on Monday and just tried to log in as usual to contact the host to arrange collection of keys and I get the same message as you about my email address! Have I been hacked??? How on earth do we contact Airbnb 

Adam-And-Meg0
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

AirBnB, please help to resolve this problem.  I havent seen any answers here and I am having the same issue.

Thanks,

Adam

Exact same issues here. Serious pain.

Matthew252
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Same issue. Please sort out asap!!

Nick230
Level 1
Chulmleigh, United Kingdom

I have the same issue too, trying to transfer the email address from a closed account to my current account.

Do Airbnb actually read these forums? or do they expect us to be able to resolve these things between us?

looks like an issue with the platform that needs correcting at the source.